Chapter 6

"BOO SEUNGKWAN!? What do you think you're doing glaring at me like that? You scared the shit out of me." I whisper-shouted to him since Seokmin was still asleep.

Seungkwan just stared back and the room was filled with an awkward silence. Boo stood up and came up to my bed saying, "Hyung! I want the details."

"What details!?" I asked. I really hope he isn't misunderstanding stuff, which I clearly assume he is.

He just gave me the 'duh?' look which was barely visible in the dark.

"You! I think you're misunderstanding stuff. I'm tired. You're tired. Let's go to sleep." I said covering my face with my blanket and faking some snores.

"I'll see you in the morning hyung! I can't let this gossip topic get out of my hands so easily. Your lovey-dovey interactions are sure no misunderstanding." Seungkwan said, eyeing me as he went back for his bed.
_______

The usual waking system of the dorm is quite simple. The dad (Seungcheol) wakes up first and asks the mom (Jeonghan) to wake up the kids and then goes back to sleep again. Mingyu is a heavy sleeper. He sets his alarm to 2 hours earlier than the usual time we need to wake up at. His alarm echoes through the entire dorm and breaks our sweet sleep. Everyone wakes up by it except for Mingyu himself. Jeonghan has to throw his towel onto him to tell him to turn off the alarm.

"VERNON! Help me, Seungkwan is eating my brain since 6 this morning." I shouted from my room in English. I dragged myself to the ground and went up to the door. Seungkwan was shouting some gibberish in English while trying to stop me from escaping. Seungkwan's English has been the same since I first met him. There's tiny improvement, but not much. He had seriously once asked me how to say his name in English. But I need to admit, aside from me and Vernon, he is the best English speaker in seventeen. His pronunciation is pretty good.

After a lot of struggling, I finally managed to get out. I saw Vernon fighting with Chan outside when I shouted for help again.

"What happened Josh?" Vernon came up to me helping me stand up. I wasn't able to stand of course. Boo hid behind the door and peeked.

"Y-your Seungkwan is after me! He's threatening me that he'd tell everyone if I don't give details." I said in English just so nobody else gets involved.

"What details are you talking about Joshua?"

"About Jeonghan-"

I was cut off by Jeonghan and Scoups who came in from their room. Seungcheol had his hands around Jeonghan's neck. I would lie if I say I was okay with that.

"Hey hey~ What about Jeonghan?" Jeonghan said. I should've been careful with names. Why am I so stupid?

"N-nothing! Right Vernon?" I turned to Vernon who seemed super confused of whatever that was happening.

"Y-yeah! It's nothing." He said assuring them it was nothing. He's a great friend.

"Oh okay" Seungcheol said. He still had his hand around Jeonghan's neck. He whispered something to Jeonghan to which Jeonghan giggled. They gave each other high fives and were leaving. Seungcheol just looked into Jeonghan's eyes and just admired them. You're in love with him, Seungcheol! I envy them.

Vernon got the general idea and decided not to ask much. He just told Seungkwan to stop annoying me and he stopped. Sometimes it's funny how those two are so loyal to each other but sometimes they just fight over silly stuff. They're really close. I envy them.
_________

It had already been a week since I was back. The group had a tight schedule that week, I was mostly left alone in the dorm. I eventually used to get bored admiring our same old dormitory. It became annoying after a while. Never in my life had I ever thought, being left alone was so sad. I won't take the company of my members for granted again.

Jeonghan gave me good night kisses each night before sleeping. His kisses and hugs got even more frequent. He probably does that with everyone, I thought. I didn't require my crutches anymore but I still had to walk while dragging my feet. I was only able to walk short distances without support.

It was just another usual morning in the seventeen dorms. Mingyu changed his alarm tone to SHINee's Everybody. Not soon after it was heard, loud crying noises came out from Hoshi's room. I got around to check, it was Hoshi rolling on the floor crying his eyes out. He's a huge fan of SHINee, ever since Jonghyun sunbaenim passed away, he hasn't been his usual self when he hears any song by them. Mingyu got scolded by Seungcheol for hurting Hoshi's sentiments.

It was already time to leave for practice, we usually count the number of members before leaving so that we don't miss out on anyone. Some remain stuck inside the shower or some in their beds. Thirteen members sharing only two bathrooms really becomes a pain. Most members prefer taking showers in the evening after all the sweating because of practice, I am one of those.

The manager told me I can attend the promotions, interviews and radio shows from now onwards, but the schedule for today was already free. The schedule is supposed to get even busier after today though.

Seungcheol roughly counted the heads of all the members on the door. When we reached the van, Dino pointed out someone was missing. It was Jeonghan. Mingyu said he'd bring him back but I said that I'd do it instead.

I had to climb back up and towards the dorm. I was slow since I had to drag myself through the way. It hurts when I try to walk but I ran to the dorm room this time, which hurt even more but anything for my Jeonghannie. I unlocked the door and got in. Everything was quite. I checked the bathroom, there was no one. I went for Jeonghan's room and to my surprise, he was on his bed sleeping. Did no one try to wake him up.

"Jeonghan-ah! Are you still asleep? What about practice?" He sleepily turned and yawned. He gestured me to lie down with him.

"Let's skip practice today~" He said in a sleepy tone. He didn't look very good.

"Jeonghan-ah? What's the matter?" I asked with concern. I stroked his hair, they were silky and smooth. I reached for his cheeks, they were hot. Burning hot.

Jeonghan had a fever!