Chapter 8

'It's usually like that between friends.'

When it comes to best friends... you just feel jealous when they start getting along with others. That's natural. Completely natural.

Jeonghan getting along with others makes me jealous. It does. But as friends. I feel neglected. I'm aware that having jealous thoughts won't make them a reality. I just feel lonely without him. I have no one other than him. I want him all to myself because I'm his best friend. Nothing more... it's ok if he likes hanging out together with others and it doesn't mean I am being displaced in any way. Then why does this affect me so much? It's common for a person to have various types of friendships and for each type to fulfill an important role in his sense of self.

I sat there smiling to myself. It hurts. It hurts so much that it's actually funny.

I was sitting leaning to the door of the bathroom. Jeonghan opened it which caused me to fall backwards. He was shirtless. He had a towel wrapped around his bare waist.

"Get me another shirt."

"Why? What happened?" I asked, flustered.

"I wanted to prepare hot water for a bath but I accidentally turned on the shower while dressed. So I kinda got wet." He said still covering himself with that towel.

"Jesus Christ! You already have a fever. I hope it doesn't get worse." I said rushing to get him another shirt. I opened his closet. He has many of my shirts. We are almost the same size, so he often wears my clothes and never bothers to return them. I don't mind. I also wear his clothes from time to time. It just makes my heart beat like crazy. I took out one of my shirts from his closet and took it to him.

We are the same size, almost the same height too. Our likes and dislikes are quite similar. Our habits are similar. That is why the members often call us twins. Maybe that's what he thinks of me as.

"So you brought me your shirt huh?" He said peeking out of the bathroom door. "I'm sorry I never got around to return it."

"Ah no problem about that. It actually makes me feel special when you wear mine." I said with a smile.

"Why?"

"No particular reason." I awkwardly started laughing.

Jeonghan came back out wearing my shirt. He often wears it. Why does it feel so different right now? My heart was racing.

He came out and ruffled my hair. "Your hair are so messy! You didn't comb them this morning?"

"Ah yes, I'm sorry. Maybe I forgot."

He leaned closer to my ear and whispered, "You look hotter in messy hair don't worry."

I didn't know how to react. He is sick, but is still such a flirt. He advanced towards his room and closed the door. He looked much better so I thought he might've found his way to his bed.

I took out last night's food and microwaved it. I'm still mad at them for not inviting me for partying last night though. It wasn't even anyone's birthday. I prepared a plate with the food. I thought I may as well make something fresh for him. So I made sandwiches. Usually, back in America, I didn't use to cook much. I usually called for home delivery. But living with everyone, I've kinda learnt how to make stuff at home.

I got to his room just to find out that he had already fallen asleep. I didn't want to wake him up since he needed rest to recover. So I went back to the dining table and rested my head on it covering and keeping the tray of food beside me. I felt sleepy for some reason though I slept like a baby last night. I guess Jeonghan's company has finally started affecting my sleeping time as well.