I Love You, Yumeko

Now was her chance. Yumeko was alone in class. She had stayed after because of the note Midari had left on her desk. Midari walked in and saw Yumeko standing by the window, looking out upon all the students walking out of the school and heading home. Taking a deep breath to calm herself in her excitement, Midari walked up and stood next to Yumeko. The silence was heavy. Midari felt as though her heart might beat out of her chest. Not that she'd mind that. She turned to look at Yumeko. Her beautiful Yumeko. Yumeko was so calm, a soft smile upon her face. Midari reached towards Yumeko's face, but that was right at the moment when Yumeko had turned to face Midari. Midari froze as Yumeko began speaking.

"So you're my admirer?" Yumeko asked, to which Midari nodded. Yumeko turned back to the window. "You know," she paused, "I think...I think I love you too."

Midari stared at Yumeko in disbelief. She couldn't believe it! Yumeko loved her too! Midari withdrew her hand with a smile and turned back to the window. Though now her hand crept over to Yumeko's and took her. Yumeko's hand was soft and warm. Midari's smile widened. The two girls turned to look at one another. Both slowly leaned in and kissed the other. H-Her lips are so soft! Midari thought. They were precious to Midari as was this moment, this kiss. So perfect. The kiss truly was perfect. It was so sweet and absolutely romantic. It was everything Midari had ever wanted. She never wanted it to yet. Eventually though, the two broke apart. Yumeko smiled at her.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Yumeko."