Awake

Midari opened her eyes, panting and angry. She saw that she was still in her dream. It wasn't a dream, it was a nightmare. Midari sat up and checked the time. It had only been a couple of hours. She let out a sigh of relief. Yumeko had never kissed that disgusting Mary Saotome.

"I can't give up. I won't give up! Yumeko is mine!! She belongs to ME!!" Midari yelled and clutches her head as she began laughing insanely. "She will be all mine! I can do this! Yes. YES!!"

...

Midari walked into school and went straight to visit Yumeko's classroom. She went straight over to Yumeko's desk and sat atop it, waiting for her beloved to come. Students stared at her confused and freaked out. They knew her well. Midari looked out the window and waited. Then...then she came. The beautiful and graceful, sweet and kind, Yumeko Jabami. Yumeko stopped for a moment, surprised to see Midari sitting on her desk. Yumeko walked over to Midari.

"Midari? What are you doing here?" Yumeko asked.

Midari smiled. She remembered her name! "Yumeko."

"Yes?" Yumeko looked at Midari curiously.

Midari just sat there, staring at her love. Her hear was beating out of her chest, her stomach twisted in knots. She wanted to just kiss her, confess to her, but she couldn't do it. The words wouldn't come out, she couldn't speak.

"Yumeko." Midari repeated.

"What is it, Midari?"

"I-I...I...I." She kept repeating "I" over and over. Her voice shaky and her heart beating so fast it felt like it'd burst right out of her chest. Midari clutched her chest and looked down, a heavy blush setting on her face. Students in the class gave her weird looks and whispered things about her.

"What is she doing here? She's not in this class. Why is she acting so weird?"
"She's ALWAYS weird. Have you seen her? She's such a freak."
"She gives me the creeps! I wish she'd just leave."
"How can Yumeko even stand to talk to her?"
"She can't even talk."

Midari felt sick to her stomach. She took a glance at Yumeko who was giving her a look mixed with worry and curiosity. This was her chance and she still couldn't do it.

"I-I-I. I WANT TO GAMBLE WITH YOU AGAIN!!" Midari yelled.

The class went dead silent. Everyone was taken aback by the sudden yelling. Yumeko remained calm, looking very serene with a placid smile upon her face. Midari stared at Yumeko, her heart beating a bit less but still beating so fast.

"I'd love to gamble with you, Midari!" Yumeko said excitedly, clapping her hands together. She giggled cutely which made Midari's heart melt.

Midari smiled nervously, said "great" then ran out of the room and straight to the bathroom. She ran into a stall and looked it then fell to her knees. Her heart continued to race. Midari tried to calm her beating heart and her heavy breathing. It wasn't much, but it was a start. Midari smiled big. Most of all, she had managed to have an actual conversation with her beloved! It was so perfect!