Hopeless

Eventually, Midari had run out of tears to cry. She had shakily gotten up and gone home.

Midari entered her room and flicked on the light. The room was very nice. She went over to her bed and collapsed on it. If she could cry, Midari definitely would. It's all she wanted to do...even now. Everything was so hopeless. She took out her phone and went through all the pics she had of Yumeko, her beloved. Midari gave the slightest smile at seeing pictures of her beloved, her dear, her love. The smile quickly disappeared as the memory of the afternoon hit Midari hard. She instantly began crying. All she wanted was to be able to date Yumeko and call her hers, but it seemed that might never come true. Midari cried harder.

Once Midari had finished crying, she laid on her bed motionless. She sat there, staring at the ceiling. Midari was trying to formulate a new plan, but couldn't. There was nothing she could do.

"Why can't it just go right?" Midari asked herself. "Why does it always go so wrong? What am I doing wrong?" She sniffled. "I just want her. Is that so much to ask for? I'm trying. I'm trying..." She rolled onto her side and closed her eye. "I just want her as mine." Midari went silent. What else could she do except for laying in silence absolutely defeated?