Chapter 13: Family

The time was 4 in the morning. Ayato and I had stayed in the school all night mostly because I had to mark my students paperwork. Yet my plans were completely demolished when he made a sudden appearance. Of course, there was absolutely no reason why i would be mad, in fact, it was the happiest thing i had ever felt in my entire life, ever since the orphanage...

I was resting my head on my palm while stroking my slender fingers through Ayatos flaming red hair. He had his eyes closed but he looked so calm and happy, especially when i had played with his hair for quite some time now.

But apart from that, i have to admit, i really never thought id meet at least one of my brothers again. I thought they had all grown up and forgotten about me, even after 300 years. I had gotten so used to being alone all of my life, that i hadn't really produced the feeling of love for anyone else except from...

Ruki...

I sighed and snapped out from my daydream, my eyes landing on Ayato who had his eyes wide open and staring right at me. He leaned up from his seat and turned around to look at me in suspicion.

"Is everything alright? You look really worried about something" he asked bluntly. I cleared my throat politely and nodded, loosening my shirt collar by ripping one of the top buttons. Ayato still had the same expression on his face, and it didn't disappear for a very long time.

"You're lying" The red head simply said, but in a serious and concerned tone. I gulped softly and looked out of the academy window, seeing dark peach illuminate the sky beautifully.

"I know I am" i snapped back, making sure Ayato didn't ask too many questions or else i'd habe to go into detail. He grunted, slamming his fist on the desk in frustration for not hearing what he wanted to hear. I simply chuckled and looked back at him.

"I'll tell you, when I'm ready to tell you" I blandly spoke, making sure I kept all of my thoughts hidden from my red headed brother who looked a little pissed, just how I remember him...
Ayato huffed, crossing his broad arms and closing his eyes in complete irritation. I rolled my eyes and leaned my chin on my palm once more.

"Hey Ayato?" I called his name, returning to stroking his red locks as I waited patiently for his response.
"What's up?" He replied, this time opening his eyes to look right at me.
I cleared my throat abruptly and sat up straight.

"If you're here, then where's everyone else?" My voice cracked at the end, but I didn't feel upset, I felt excited.
Ayato groaned loudly, echoing around the classroom like a whistle.
"Well I mean, they are here but I haven't got a clue where they are at the moment" he rolled his eyes, chewing his lip with his white pearly fangs. I gasped silently, placing a hand over my mouth to hide the fact that I was going to cry out in pure joy. I grabbed Ayatos shoulders and hugged him tightly, thanking him for telling me before getting up and running over to the open classroom door.
"h-hey! Where are you going?!" He screeched from across the class, stumbling up to stand as he looked at me in confusion.
"To the mansion! You coming?" I asked the red head who widened his eyes and sniggered teasingly at me. He nodded his head once and ran over to me, grabbing my arm tightly and pulling me forward to swish past the entire corridor. I laughed hysterically all of a sudden, feeling excitement spark inside me as my brother had lead the way to where I was going to possibly see all of my brothers...

"You nervous?" He chuckled, stopping me by placing one hand on my collarbone so I wouldn't bump into him harshly. I gasped, nodding repetitively as Ayato begun walking once more. My bare feet had tapped against the floor as we walked. I'd taken my shoes and tights off after school had finished, but Ayatos steps echoed more around the entire corridor. Smiles were plastered on both of our pale faces as we raced next to each other around the entire school till we reached the entrance.
The cold air was thick and brisk as me and Ayato zoomed into it. Our faint breaths had shown in the freezing air that didn't seem to really bother us. We looked at each other for more than a second before bursting out in joyous laughter, my hand resting on his shoulder so I could lean myself onto him. He chuckled wand looked at me, smiling like a fool before wrapping an arm around my shoulder.
"From now on you're getting carried, I don't care what you have to say" he said, before relentlessly picking me up and flinging me over his shoulder. I hit him playfully on the back a few times as he started running into a forest, not bothering me since I knew I was in safe hands. Ayato sprinted past many trees as I was still latching ontology his back, his right hand supporting my weight on him so I wouldn't fall on the ground badly.