Chapter 17: Meadow tea

As I sat next to Yui, I ended up managing to talk to her once more so she wasn't so anxious. It made me uneasy just feeling it radiate off from her.
Ayato was away and tending to his usual duties around the ancient mansion, leaving me and Yui together in her room. I sighed and started feeling tired as a minute had passed.

"Hey Yui, can I stay here for a while?" I asked softly, closing my eyes and already resting the side of my head against the side of her bed. Yui hummer and nodded her head ever so slightly, her eyes soon dropping as well as she laid her head on her white pillow.
"c-can I ask you something?" She muttered, her eyes opening slowly as she spoke. I hummed a yes and waited for her response.

"How are you related to them?" She asked hesitantly, making me lift my head up and sigh.
Clearing my throat, I straightened my blouse and looked at her with sad eyes. 
"Is it that difficult? I'm their sister" I answered quietly, making sure my voice was a whisper so no one else would hear it. Yuis eyes shot open once more and she sat up quickly, snapping her head on my direction to start questioning.
"h-how...? They never mentioned a sister" yui said in a hushed tone as she looked down at her lap. I pursued my lip and shook my head to correct her.
"I don't know what happened when I left, all I know is that I have to stay here for now" I continued and used my hands to push myself up properly.
Yui was more confused than curious at this moment, her fingers clenching as she thought harshly.

"if you think too much, you'll get a sore head" I chuckled, closing my eyes and transferring calmness over to yui who soon nodded and closed her eyes.

"But I still don't understand, who are you...?" Her voice became a whisper as she asked me the question. I sighed once more and sat down next to the blonde haired girl, pressing my hand against her head so I could take her temperature. She was scorching, it was of nervousness and I could immediately tell.
"All you need to know is that my name is Eve Sakamaki... and I'm here to help you" were my final words before I pushed my hand against her head harder and made her consciousness slip out of her head and into my hand.
"You are the reason I found my brothers, yui".

( 300 years ago )

"Raise your pinky, just like that!" I said cheerfully. I was currently teaching the young orphans how to use a teacup. Tammy and I were out in the meadow since it was a scorching hot day and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky.
Tammy had found a tea-set and wanted to make use of it as we spent our precious time together.
Smaller orphans had joined us out of curiosity and wanted to know how to use a teacup, much to my happiness.

"There, you got it!" I squealed I happiness when the youngest orphan had perfected her position with her hands. She held the teacup perfectly in her right hand as her other hand delicately held the saucer.

She giggled and smiled at what she had accomplished, her small and chubby hands clapping together when she placed the set back down on the blanket. Tammy had a smile on her face as she watched me teach all of them how to use it one by one.
Her large Afro was pulled into a bun and was more straight when it came to each end of an individual strand.
Tammy's dark skin has lightened up by the suns light and made her skin very shiny and a lot more clearer than in the orphanage.

"Hey Tammy" I spoke, leaning back on my hands so I could balance myself on the blanket. Tammy hummed and looked over to me, her bright green eyes showing curiosity of what I was going to say.

"Do you want to try?" I asked while lifting up a cup of tea for her to try.
Tammy widened her eyes ever so slightly before smiling and shaking her head.
"I'm good, thanks, why not give it to one of the boys inside?" She said, pointing her head in the direction of the orphanage that lay up on the shallow hill. I sighed and nodded, hugging her gently before standing up to walk over to the orphanage.
When I got there, laughter filled the room and more older children seemed to be walking around.
I made small 'excuse me's whenever I walked past a teen, and when I made it to where I wanted to go, I smiled and leaned down to the familiar boy I wanted to see.

Ruki was reading his usual book as he sat on the ground by himself. His blue/grey hair was swept over his matching eyes as they scrolled over the pages of his worn out book.

"Good afternoon, Ruki" I smiled, leaning down to his level so he could see me. The corners of rukis eyes crinkled up as he smiled and closed his book.

"Afternoon, what brings you here?" He asked softly, staring into my eyes as he leaned his elbow on his knee.
I smiled back and looked down at the saucer and teacup, raising it up to him so he could take it.
"This is for you, I mean, if you want it" I said bashfully, feeling my cheeks heat up at my words when waiting for the boys reply.
Rukis eyes widened as he stared at the China cup, his mouth straightening into a thin line before curving up again.
"Thank you so much, is it still hot?" He asked with a much lighter tone than before. A smile made its way into my face as I nodded and watched at how he drank it.

Ruki blew on the steaming hot liquid for a few seconds before closing his eyes and taking a tiny sip.
When he swallowed the hot tea, he opened his eyes again but this time they were much wider.
"This is delicious" he gasped, looking back up at me with a twinkle in his eyes. As soon as he looked at me with that look in his eye, an unknown feeling started to spark within me, but I was unsure about it.
I jumped out of my thoughts and nodded my head.
"Good! We have more outside so you can keep that one" I said cheerily with a closed eye smile.
The feeling in my chest started to rise again when he smiled back and stood up. Ruki dusted himself off as he was brought to his feet, his book still in his hand as he balanced the cup and saucer in his hand like a professional.
"Actually, may I join you?" He asked, bowing slightly after he asked the question. This made a blush appear on my pale cheeks before I nodded and shyly linked my arm with his.
Ruki looked down at me and chuckled, nudging me softly as we started walking towards the back door to the meadow.