Magic in the Kitchen & Some Sauce in a Shoe

"Why do we have to make the cookies this late?" I whine, rubbing my eyes. We were all in the kitchen making the love potion cookies and I was exhausted! I had a long day with my classes, making new friends, and becoming somewhat friends with a mutt of a dog.

"Oh hush Cass, we have to make the cookies so we can steal the wand." Carlos explained as I yawn.

"Alright, it says we still need one tear," Mal pauses, "and I never cry."

"Let's just chop some onions." Spotty says grabbing one.

"No, it says that we need one tear of human sadness and this love potion gets the best reviews so we have to follow it exactly." Pixie explained for Jay to huff.

"A tear's a tear." He says as I turn to cat mode and jump on the counter next to Dude.

"That's not true Jay," Ribbon replies before going into confussling talk about proteins and stuff.

"Listen to you, " Mal coos stirring the batter.

"I'd rather not." I say, scratching my ear, "it was too confussling."

"Yeah, I knew that." Jay states.

"No you didn't." Spotty argues playfully pushing Muscles. I yawn.

"Aww is the kitty cat sleepy?" Dude asks me. I nod.

"Ugh," I turn to the others, "can I go to bed? It's not like you need me, even if I could cry you wouldn't be able to use my tear."

"Fine." Mal says, "Guess the kitten had a long day."

"I'm not a kitten!" I yell before jumping off the counter.

"Evil Dreams, Kitten!" I hear as I head out the door. I decided to just walk to my room instead of teleporting. As I start up the stairs I see Lonnie and Smiley coming down the hall.

"Hey Cass!" Lonnie says as I stop at the top of the stairs.

"Hey, Lonnie, hey Smiley."

"Awww, Cassey, you're sooo cute in cat form!" Peppy gushes as she picks me up and starts petting me.

"Speaking of cute, Smiley wants to know if you'd be willing to help her with her photography club project." Lonnie says petting behind my ears.

"Um, what's the project?" I ask, afraid of if I'd have to wear something silly.

"I have to photograph an animal and I didn't want to use Dude because everyone uses him, and it would just be an amazing project if I got pictures of one of the, um, foreign animals?" Smiley states, trying to find the right words to use. She's really sweet like that.

"Well. . . alright. Just don't make me do anything embarrassing." I say for her to agree. She says we need to do it some time tomorrow then Lonnie ask  if I'd seen Mal.

"In the kitchen." I reply as I get put down. We all say goodnight and I start to head for my room.

Squeak.

Was that a mouse? I perk my ears and walk in the direction of where it came from only to have someone trip on me.

"Reeeeeeeaaaaaaar!" I screech.

"Shhhh!" I hear a kid say. I turn to see who it was.

"Allen?" I whisper, "What are you doing?"

"I'm on my way to prank Chad Charming, you know the stuck up Prince from your Wonderland Poetry Class?"

"Why?"

"Well," he looked at his hands, "he called my father a street rat."

"Ooh, yeah, I'd be mad too. Well, technically I am mad." I chuckle. He smiles. "So what's the prank?"