Something To Smile About

Ah, good song, fun song, just wish I could've not been stepped on four times.

Anyway, my headache had gone away so I was able to join the banana bonanza. Right now, I'm in cat form at the snack table, scarfing down another tuna sandwich when I feel a tap on my shoulder and turned to see Berlioz.

"Yo! Heya 'Loz. How's going?" I smile.

"Just fine, but I'm kinda trying to not get stepped on." He says over the music.

"I know what you mean, I was stepped on four times while doing the musical number, and two times I was in my human form." I say for him to chuckle.

"Well, I was wondering if you'd like to come watch the fireworks with me, if you wanted to."

"Sure. C'mon, I know a place where we can watch them and not get stepped on." I say before we head around to the side of the school. "Where's your brother and sister? You three are never a part."

"Eh, Marie's dancing with another cat named Oliver, and Toulouse is chatting with Dina. I just wanted to get away from the excitement and just watch the light show, just for a little while." He explains as we jump up on a railing. We sit and watch the fireworks together before I feel like talking.

"Sure is a pretty sight."

"Yeah, it sure is." He pauses, "It's a shame I won't get to see it for long."

"Why not?" I look at him.

"Because Momma wants us to go to bed in a half hour. We're leaving for Paris tomorrow morning, I won't get to say goodbye." He looks at his paws and slides one around on the railing. I pin my ears back.

"I'm really gonna miss you Cass." He admits for me to sigh.

"Well, we still can write, er, I can write letters to your Madam and she can read them to you." He shakes his head.

"It's not the same. We have so much fun playing together." He looks up at me.

"You have Marie and Touly."

"Yeah, but they're my siblings. You, you're cool and funny and really nice." I smile shyly.

"Your really cool too. I've never met another cat that could play the piano or dance like you can." I look back out at the fireworks, "These last few days have been really fun."

"They've been really fun for me too, Cass." He smiles as we go back to the fireworks. I like Berlioz. He's really polite, and sweet, and super talented. I'm happy to know a tom like him.

We sit and watch the fireworks a bit longer, oohing and ahhing at the colors, but it wasn't long before we hear his Mom calling.

"Time to go already?" He sighs, "I hope I'll get to come back soon."

"I hope so too." I smile before we jump down.

"You'll write every week right?" He asks as I see a spark of hopefulness in his eyes. Aww, that's sweet.

"Yes, every week. I promise." I say before I give him a hug. We let go and say our final goodbyes before he runs off.

"You know," I jump and turn to see Dude wearing earmuffs, "you could use the video call to talk to him. I'm sure Fairy Godmother would let you use it, Kitten. "

"I'm not a kitten." I state, turning back to the fireworks, "But do you think they have the wires and stuff to be able to picture call?"

"More than likely, their madam now is a lot more tech savvy. " He says.

"Well then I'll have to make time to call them once a week or something."

"I'm sure they'd like that." He pauses as we lay down in the grass and watch the fireworks, "Ya know, you're not so bad, for a cat." I snicker.

"Thanks, you're not so bad yourself, for a dog." We laugh.

"Yeah, I guess it's gonna take both of us to look after this place."

"I'll say, you have to guard the grounds while I have to spread chicken bones over the cactuses so the humans can stay out of the troublesome cookie jars"

"Exactly." He chuckles as I lay my head on my paws.

As I drift into a catnap, I think about everything that's happened over the past few days. I've became friends with two dogs, made many new human friends, met my favorite band, became friends with some aristocats, along with kept my insanity and had fun with it. I guess coming to Auradon really was something to smile about after all.

"Oh," I blink and smirk at you, "You didn't think this was the end of the story, did you?"