Chapter 13

I pulled a chair up by my dad and held his hand. This is my daddy! The one who taught me to shoot a gun at age five. The one who took me to every father daughter dance my school had. The one who told me I was pretty even knowing damn well I was going through my ugly stage. I just can't lose my dad.

I could feel the tears streaming down my face already. "Daddy, please wake up." I said laying my head by his arm.

I felt August rub my back because he knew I couldn't stand to see my father like this.

"Ma', I know you don't wanna hear this but pray about it." He said.

I turned around and sighed. "Alright."

Still holding my dad's hand I turned back around and closed my eyes and prayed to myself.

My father in heaven, I try not to burden you because you already blessed me with a pretty decent life. But I can't stand to see my daddy like this. Please help him get better.
In your name I pray, AMEN.

"You good now ma'?" Aug asked me.

"Yea, I hope he pulls through."

~~~Weeks Later, Aunjel~~~

I woke up with a queasy feeling in my stomach. I ran to the bathroom releasing almost all the food I ate yesterday. These last few weeks I been praying to the porcelain god. I couldn't keep anything down. I assumed maybe it was because I was stressed about my dad still being in the hospital.

I brushed my teeth and looked in the mirror. You can tell I was sick but I still looked pretty. I left the bathroom and went into the living room and laid down on the couch. I was home alone because my uncles were at the hospital with my dad and August wasn't coming over til later. I laid on my side and rested. I didn't even bother to turn on the TV so I just rested my eyes.

I slowly felt myself going to sleep. But then there was a knock on the door. I sluggishly got up and answered it.

"Yea." I said rubbing one eye.

"Are you Aunjel Graziana?" ???

Sorry it's kinda short.

WHO YALL THINK AT THE DOOR THO????

COMMENT PLEASE & VOTE.

😊😊😊