Chapter 32

Aunjel was still sleep. I got up and looked at her for a minute. She was so peaceful. I got up and went to the bathroom across the hall from my room. I closed the door behind me and sat on the edge of the tub. I looked in the drawer and picked up the pistol that was inside and I looked at it. Lately I been stressing about a lot. All the shit I been through is just taking a toll on me. I just want to end it all. I could easily take my own life away and be released from any pain I felt but I know if I took the easy way out there would be consequences. I'd be leaving behind my lil girl, my siblings, my nieces, Aunjel, and my moms. She already loss one. I wish Mel was here.

~~~Aunjel~~~

I got up feeling kinda sleepy still. I really had to pee tho. Lil Melody just loved sitting on my bladder. I creeped to the bathroom and opened the door.

I gasped. "August?" I was shocked to see him in the bathroom and holding a gun as if he was contemplating on taking his life. "Baby what are you doing?"

"Ion know ma'. Life just getting stressful. I got a lot of shit on my mind."

The tears welled up in my eyes and my voice began cracking. "You were trying to...k-kill yourself?"

He sighed and clenched his jaw. "Not exactly....I don't know ma'."

"Am I stressing you out?" Tears didn't even threaten to fall they just fell as if they had a mind of their own.

"Nah ma' it's not like that. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking. I just got a lot going on right now."

"Well what is it? Is there anything I can do baby?"

He sighed again. "Nah ma'. Ion think so. Ion know shit just getting real to quick I guess. I don't know."

I looked up at Aug with a tear stained face. "Baby I don't wanna lose you. If you're ever going through anything I wanna help you. The girls need their Uncle Aug, Mama Sheila needs her baby boy, I need you, and baby Melody needs her daddy."

He looked down at me. "What's her name?"

"Melody Christine Alsina. She got Mel and Chris in her name." I wiped my tears and threw my arms around August's neck. "Do you like it baby?"

He choked up a lil bit. "I love it ma'." He kissed me and rubbed my belly. "I'm sorry you had to come and see me like this too ma'. Ion want you to think it's you cause it's not. You been with me through so much shit ma'."

"I know baby just like you been there for me. I have your back regardless baby." I said kissing him.

"I know baby and I love you for that."

"Baby I just want you to know that whatever you're going through I'll go through it with you."

"I know ma'."

"Come on." I said leading him back to his room.

He sat on his bed flicking on the tv while examined the contents of his dresser. I came across a note pad that had something written on it. I sat on the bed and read it.

Hell on Earth
I'm a young nigga who just lived life
I done seen so much shit just from the very bottom

So it was always about just grinding and getting it out tha mud fa me

I just want a nigga to know what I thought

I got an opportunity
It's way bigger than me

Cause you know God put nigga in a position
For a reason

I was d-block in the street life
Was on my grind so I didn't sleep nights
Used to push rocks out on my block
Saw police lights, I heard the gunshots
I had nowhere to go
At the end of the road
Had to do something fast
Now I ain't running no more

Cause I found the light at the end of the tunnel
That's why I kept my head high
Instead of sealing my faith
Sitting here wishing I would die
Living in hell on earth
Dead last so I couldn't see first
But I knew it wouldn't get worst
So it only got better (better)
And it's getting better
Living in hell on earth
Dead last so I couldn't see first
But I know it wouldn't get worst
So it only got better (better)
And it's getting better

Cause I knew one day that life would get better
Finally made a way so now it's all better
Cause I knew one day that life would get better
Finally made a way so now it's all better

"Baby you wrote this?"

He looked over at me and then looked at the note book and sighed. "Yea. It's nothing really."

"Baby, this is real. You got talent forreal and you can sing!"

"Nah....I was just playing around when I wrote that."

"Babe seriously...this is good. Between your youtube covers and how good your voice is somebody is bound to notice you. Talent notices talent."

"You think so?"

"I know so. You been through a lot so people can relate to you."

"Yea...ima be somebody one day hopefully."

"Babe stop downing yourself. You're going to be somebody. You already are somebody." I said kissing him.

"I love you ma'."

"I love you more August."

I hope y'all like this chapter. I just wanted to update something.

Tell me what y'all think please.

VOTE & COMMENT

😊😊😊