Chapter 14

"Yea and who are you?" I said starring at the guy.

He was talk, black, had dreads, and was covered in tattoos. What I assumed to be his girlfriend was standing beside him. She was pretty. Looked to be some sort of Hispanic or Biracial.

"I'm Juaquin. I'm your older brother believe it or not." He said.

"And I'm his fiancé, Tammy." She said waving.

"Hi." I said.

For some reason I believed him. So I let them in. I hope this wasn't a mistake.

They came in and I closed the door behind them an we all sat on the couch.

"So how are we brother and sister?" I asked with some sas.

"Kelly." He said.

With one word he explained a lot.

"How did you find me tho? I didn't even know I had other siblings."

"Kelly came to my pop house and asked him about my whereabouts. He told her and then she found me. That's when she told me about you and said that you was somewhere in Houston with ya pops and she gave me ya address nshit."

"Wow. I have an older brother." I said still taking it in. "Why is she just now telling you tho?"

"Ion know. She told me something about she didn't want us to continue to grow up and not know each other."

"Doesn't she think it's too late for that tho?" I asked. "I mean I'm 17 almost 18 and how old are you? Like 25?"

"Naw I'm 23." He said chuckling. "But I see where you coming from tho."

"Kelly is a terrible person." I said shaking my head.

"Well I'm glad I got to meet my lil sis." Juaquin said getting up.

"I'm glad I got to meet my big brother. So how long will y'all be in town?"

"Prolly tho whole week. Tammy had to visit her family so yea. About a week."

"Well if you want we can meet up for lunch somewhere tomorrow so we can get to know each other more." I suggested.

"Sounds like a plan sis." Juaquin said getting up.

"Alright. Let me give you my number and I'll text y'all the plans." I said putting my number in his phone.

After we exchanged numbers I walked them out. Waving goodbye as they walked to their car, I noticed Aug pull up in his old school car. I closed the screen door and left the front door open.

"Hey baby." I said looking up at him from the couch.

"Wassup ma'? Who was that?" He said setting two food containers down.

"Believe it or not that was my brother and his girl."

"I didn't know you had a brotha."

"Neither did I until today. Our mom did the same shit to him that she did to me." I said.

"That's sad." August said passing me a container.

"What is it?" I said opening it.

"You'll see."

I got a whiff of the Chinese food Aug had bought me and I suddenly felt sick.

"I can't eat this right now baby." I said fanning myself as I got up.

"Why what's wrong?"

"I feel sick." I said holding my mouth and running to the bathroom.

I ran into the bathroom and closed the door. I got on my knees and threw up. I was so drained from throwing up that I just rested my
head on the edge of the tub.