Chapter 39

~~~Months Later, Aunjel~~~

It's now March of 2011. I'm nine months and I'm due any day now. I must say this pregnancy thing was tiring. I couldn't wait until baby Melody here.

It was late at night and I couldn't sleep. I sat up in the bed and looked over at August who was piece fully sleeping.

"Man I want a frosty...from Wendy's." I said to myself.

I debated on asking August to take me but I didn't want to wake him.

"August?" I whispered.

"I heard you. And the answer is no."

"August please? I want some Ice cream." I pouted.

He sighed in annoyance. "Ight man come on ma'."

"Do you hate me August?"

He laughed. "Naw I don't hate you ma'."

"Ok. I'm going downstairs to get a pickle."

"Ain't you bout to get fucking ice cream? You give be sick as fuck."

I looked back at him before going downstairs. "So what if I do. We got bathrooms."

I walked downstairs and headed to the kitchen. I went to the fridge and opened a jar of pickles when I suddenly felt wetness running down my leg and into the floor. "What the fuck?! Did I pee?"

I said to myself then I thought to myself. "Oh shit my water broke."

"AUUUGGG!!??"

He came running down the steps like a mad man. "What you want ice cream that damn bad?"

"No. My water broke."

He looked down at floor and saw the little puddle I was standing over. "Oh shit ma. Go upstairs and change and we'll get you to the hospital. Ima go wake Arella up."

"No August I need a shower and I'll wake her up."

He sighed. "Ok. You gone need some help?"

"No baby I got it. Thanks tho. You can get my bag together tho." I said carefully walking upstairs.

I walked into Arella's dark room. She was sleep with the TV on The Boondocks. "Mama wake up. My water broke."

She rubbed her eyes and turned over. "You forreal?"

"Yes!"

"We gotta get you to a hospital." She said hopping up.

"I know but first I'm going to take a shower." I said walking away.

~~~August~~~

I had to call my moms and let her know her grandbaby is on the way.

{Phone Convo}

"Ma!"

"August what the hell you want boy? Yelling in the phone like you crazy. It's almost 2 in the morning."

I laughed. "Aunjel's water broke and we bout to taker her to the hospital."

"Oh! I'll meet y'all there."

As she hung up I could hear the excitement in her voice. I put my phone down and I decided to take a shower in the downstairs bathroom.

After I got out I ran back up stairs to put on my clothes. I just put on a black wife beater (I hate that it's called that) and some sweats. I got Aunjel's bag and Melody's car seat and took it downstairs and set it by the door.

I waited until I saw Arella walking downstairs with Aunjel.

"August ima drive and you sit in the back with Aunjel." She said.

We all piled in Arella's truck which was Aunjel's father's truck. We sped out the driveway and headed on the interstate but we came to a stop....

WE WAS STUCK IN MOTHAFUCKING TRAFFIC!

ONLY (MAYBE) two more chapters left!!!

VOTE/COMMENT. 😁😁😁