Chapter 43

~~~Prom Day, August~~~

"Man I wish these girl hurry up. We finna be late." I said fixing my tux.

"I know. I never understood why females take so long." Sam said as he fed Kristinia.

Kristinia fussed a lil bit. "Gimmie her." I said reaching for her. "Daddy look good Kris?" She smiled as I kissed her forehead.

"Man come on y'all!" Sam yelled up stairs.

"Wait a minute babe!" Ky yelled back.

"We gone be late to prom bruh. Just face it."

~~~Aunjel~~~

"Does it look ok?" I said squeezing into my dress.

"You look fine boo. It's not to dramatic. It's sexy and chic."

"Yea. I had to get something that hugged my curves." I said referring to my prom dress. It was black, sparkly, backless, short and had a bow at the shoulder.

Ky fluffed her hair a lil bit and fixed the sides of her red dress. Hers was short and had see through long sleeves. "You ready Aunie?"

"Yea...I guess." I said looking at my baby fat.

"Aunie you look fine. Stop worrying. Aug gonna fuck you either way." She joked.

"I don't want him to fuck me I want him to fall in love with me all over again."

"I'm sure he will. I'll go first." She said walking out my room.

~~~Ky~~~

I walked downstairs to see August holding Kristinia and Sam sipping something from out a red solo cup. He stopped and looked up from his cup.

"Well what do you think baby?" I said walking over to him.

"You look beautiful." He said spinning me around.

"Thanks baby." I said giving him a kiss.

"Man where Aunjel at?" Aug asked as he got up and handed Kristinia to me.

"She must be still upstairs."

"Come on Aunjel!." August said running upstairs.

~~~Aunjel~~~

I was still having second thoughts but I still headed out my room.

"Come on Aunjel!." August said running up the steps. "Come..."

"I'm ready I guess." I looked up at August who was looking at me as if he'd seen a ghost. "What? It's ugly isn't it?"

"Naw. Ma you look beautiful." He said walking over to me.

"Really?"

"Yea...like wow. I can't believe this all me right here." He said as he grabbed my waist and kissed my neck.

"So I look ok?"

"Ma' you look beautiful. Why you keep putting yourself down?"

"Because I'm fat and chunky August."

"No you're not ma'. Not to me. Now come on. We gone be late."

He grabbed my hand and we headed downstairs and we all headed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the venue where prom was held was beautiful and the atmosphere perfect. I knew tonight was going to be a good night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We mingled with our classmates, took pics, and danced. The music got slower and slower. Which meant prom night was coming to an end. Aaliyah's 'At Your Best' came on and of course all the couples slow danced.

I placed my arms around August's neck and swayed to the music. "I love you August."

He pecked my lips. "I love you too."

He said as he kissed my neck.

"Aug stop!" I giggled. "I'm so excited for graduation! These next few weeks will be fun."

~~~Arella~~~

I walked into my room where baby Kristinia was laying on my bed sucking on her hand and looking at a picture of her papa, Chris. It was so cute. She stared at the picture for at least ten minutes before she turned to me. She looked at me and smiled but the smile quickly faded as she began to have seizure like symptoms. I quickly dialed an ambulance and tried my best to help my grand baby.

~~~Aunjel~~~

After prom August and I had to go back to my house to get a few things. We pulled up to my house to see an ambulance parked in front. I knew nothing good can come of this.

I ran frantically in the house and ran upstairs where EMTs we're working on Kristinia.

"What happened?! Is my baby ok?"

"She's fine now she just had seizure like symptoms." The EMT told me.

And this is coming from the mouth of an EMT from a sucky hospital.

"Just keep an eye on her. Let her sit up for a while." The EMT continued as she packed up her things and headed out.

Aug picked up Kristinia who was now smiling and gibbering. "Daddy baby ok?" He showered her with kisses and she opened her toothless mouth trying to kiss him back.

I got up to go in my room and change into something comfortable. "That was so scary baby." I yelled to Aug.

"I know. I'm glad she ok now."

I came back and sat on Arella's bed with August and Arella. Aug went to go change and it was just me and Arella.

"You ok Aunjel?"

"Yea just a lil shaken up."

"Yea I understand, but glam ma baby is ok." She said as she bent down to kiss Nia's (Kristinia's nickname) belly.

She giggled and kicked her little fat legs at Arella.

"Did y'all enjoy y'all's night?"

"Yea. We did. It was fun. We really enjoyed ourselves and the venue was beautiful."

"We'll that's good." She got comfortable under her covers. "Alright take lil mama in your room. I'm getting sleepy."

I laughed and took Nia in the room with me. I put her pajamas on and rocked her to sleep. I was planting kisses on her chubby cheeks when Aug walked out of the bathroom.

I eye fucked him for a lil bit licking my lips in the process. "We'll look at you." I got up and put Nia in her bassinet.

"Yea look at me. Sexy right? I know ma'."

"Why you so goddamn cocky?" I got in the bed and he climbed right in beside me and cuddled me.

~~~August~~~

I was sleeping good until I heard Aunjel's phone ringing which woke up Nia. I got up to tend to her while Aunjel dealt with whoever was on the other line.

~~~Aunjel~~~

"Hello?"

"You have a call from the Houston Regional Jail, do you except the charges?"

I yawned. "I guess."

"Aunjel?"

"Cortez?" I whispered so Aug wouldn't hear me. "Why are you calling me?" I could feel my blood starting to boil.

"I need your help please. Just hear me out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I haven't updated I had writes block like a bitch.

Tell me what y'all think.

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE 😘😘😘