Chapter 24

~~~The Next Day, Aunjel~~~

It was almost two and I was tired as hell. Me and Arella went shopping and just spent time together. We had grown more close I just wish my daddy was her to see it.

When we finally arrived home I went upstairs to get ready. About and hour later I was ready. I put on some bleached skinny jeans, red Chuck Taylor's, and a red half off the shoulder shirt with 'Daddy's Princess' on it in black letters. I had to be cute so I can't let her know I don't need her. I ran downstairs to get a drink when Arella stopped me.

"Where y'all gone be at cause if she try some slick shit I need to know where you at."

I laughed. "We're just going to Pizza Hut, the one on Bell Rd."

"Oh ok. Drive safe."

"Ok. I will." I closed the door behind me.

I hopped in my car and drove to Pizza Hut. Before I went in I decided to call Aug and tell him how I'm actually going through with meeting up with my mom.

Ring, Ring....

"Wassup this Aug I can't get to the phone right now but leave a name and number and I'll hit ya up ASAP."

I got sad when it went straight to voicemail. I just left a message.

"Hey baby I just wanted to let you know I'm actually going through with meeting my mom. Call me when you can. I love you."

I hung up the phone and finally parked my car. I got my keys and my purse and went in. I looked around to see if I could see her and there she was at a booth by the window rubbing her index finger on the rim of her glass.

"Aww you made it. I thought you wasn't going to come." She said as I sat down.

"Yea I wasn't....I'm only here for the food."

She rolled her eyes at my remark.

"Did you already order?" I asked her looking up from the menu.

"Yes I did. Your favorite...pepperoni and bacon pan baked pizza and a sprite."

"Oh you remembered. Fourteen years is a long time to remember something."

"Aunjel I know I fucked up and I want to make it up to you."

I looked in her eyes and I could almost see the sincerity but I wasn't sure if I could trust her. I mean she did up and leave.

"Ok I'm willing to give you another chance but if you mess up. I'm done." I said to her.

"Thank you so much Jelly!" She got up and hugged me.

"Yea. How are you going to make it up to me tho?"

"I want you to come to my house and spend the weekend with me. I'll come and get you."

"Ok. I guess that's fair....I (GCO) my sentence was cut short because August was calling me. "Hold on."

~~~Phone Convo~~~

"Hey baby!"

"Wassup." I noticed in his voice that something was wrong.

"What's wrong baby?"

He paused and took a breather. "Mel got shot."

"Oh my god! Is he ok?"

"....Nah. He ain't make it ma'."

"Oh my god baby I'm so sorry. Where are you at now?"

"The hospital."

"Ok I'm on my way."

"Ight ma'."

I hung up the phone and shook my head.

"What happened?" Kelly asked.

"My boyfriends brother got killed. I have to go." I said getting up.

"Oh my god. Here just take a to go box." She said as she passed me the box that was on the table.

I put four slices of pizza in the box. "Thanks. We can finish this off this weekend. Just text me your address." I said gathering my things.

"Ok. Drive safe."

"I will!" I said yelling on my way out.

I quickly got in my car and sped to the hospital praying I didn't get a ticket. I got to the hospital's parking lot and called August.

~~~Phone Convo~~~

"Hey where are you so I can meet you."

"I'll meet you in the lobby ma'."

"Ok baby."

I hung up. I could hear the pain in his voice. Even tho he had three other older siblings, Mel was his hero. He looked up to Mel. I have to be there for Aug like he was there for me.

I ran through the hospital doors and saw August standing against the wall. I ran over to him and gave him a hug.

"Baby what happened?" I whispered.

"They shot him."

"Who baby? Did they find who did it baby?"

"Nah."

"I'm so sorry baby." I hugged him tightly. He started to cry in the crook of my neck.

"They took my brotha man!"

"I know baby. I know." I rubbed his back and tried to comfort him like he did me when I lost my daddy. I just hated seeing him like this I was crying because he was upset. It just broke my heart.

~~~Later, Aunjel~~~

I went up to the room with August to check on the family to see if they needed anything. I knew it would be hard on them but I felt their pain. These past two months have been Hell On Earth.

Hopefully things will get
better for the two....😔😔😔