Chapter 44

~~~Aunjel~~~

"Hell No! After all you did to me. I hope you get everything you deserve bitch!"

"Oh that's how you feeling Aunjel?"

"Why would I help you? You tried to kill me. So yes that's exactly how I'm feeling."

"Ight. When I get out you gone wish you helped me."

"Yea whatever!" With that I hung up the phone and turned to August.

"Who the hell was that ma'." Aug looked angry but tried to keep calm since he was holding Nia.

"It was Cortez."

"What the fuck he want?!" He yelled causing Nia to fuss. "Shit. Shhhhh." He tried to sooth her.

"He wants me to bail him out of jail I guess."

"And what the hell you tell him?"

"I told him no of course then he threatened me or whatever you would call it."

"What?! He ain't finna make no threats round hea ya heard me?!"

~~~Ronnie~~~

I was cleaning up around the house, mainly in the living room. I cleaned under the cushions and lifted up the couches when I came across I note.

You thought you could get away with shooting me? Guess again. Next time don't leave your window open sweetheart!

"Oh my goodness." I read the note to myself over and over.

In my head I tried to put the pieces together but I couldn't. I needed Aunjel to come over ASAP.

I have to call her like now.

~~~Aunjel~~~

In the midst of me and Aug talking, my phone rung again. This time it was my uncle Ronnie.

"Hey Uncle Ronnie what's up?"

"Look I know it's late but I need you to come to my house like now. No questions just come over."

"Ok." I hung up the phone and told August. "Babe we gotta go to uncle Ronnie's house like now."

I took Nia into Arella's room and woke her up.

"Aunjel what the hell are you doing?"

"Look uncle Ronnie called me not to long ago and he says he needs me to come over ASAP so it had to be important. Can you just please keep Kristinia? Please?"

She sat up in the bed and sighed. "Yea I'll keep her baby." She reached out for Nia and I placed her in her glam ma's arms.

"Thank you so much ma." I gave Arella a kiss on the cheek and gave Nia a kiss on her hair. My fingers ran down her fat little arm and touched her hand. She grabbed my index and middle finger tightly. "Mommy's coming back baby girl." I kissed her again and she let my hand go and yawned.

"Thanks a million." I yelled as I walked out.

"You read ma'?"

"Yea."

August looked me up and down. "You sure?" He asked pointing at the fact that I only had on an over sized Marilyn Monroe shirt.

"Oh I need pants." I looked down and laughed a bit.

I put on some shorts and put my hair in a bun and headed out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Ronnie~~~

[Knock, Knock]

"That must be Aunjel." I opened the door.

"Hey uncle Ronnie."

"Wassup unc."

"Hey you guys. Come in."

"Ok what's up uncle Ronnie?" I asked as me and Aug sat on the couch.

"Look at this." He tossed the note on the coffee table for me and Aug to read.

You thought you could get away with shooting me? Guess again. Next time don't leave your window open sweetheart!

"What. The. Hell. Cortez." I could feel my blood boiling.

"Ma' you ight?"

"I know Cortez did it for sure." I looked up at uncle Ronnie. "The night he tried to rape me my dad shot him in the arm. It couldn't be nobody else but Cortez! He must have snuck in the house when I was gone!" I slammed my fist on the coffee table and stood up.

"What you gone do ma'?"

"I'm gone fuck him up myself." I ran to the door.

Aug grabbed my arm and and stopped me. "You not gone do shit ma'. You got a baby girl to think about."

Aug was using some reverse shit on me cause I told him the same shit a lil bit before Kristinia was born.

"But he shot you too August. Don't you wanna get revenge? I sure as hell do." I folded my arms.

"It's not about revenge trust he gone get his we gotta think about Kristinia right now."

I pouted and folded my arms. "I guess you're right."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tell me what ya think!

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE 😘😘😘