Chapter 11

"Are you ready?" Stonecloud asked.

            Stonepaw nodded. Tonight, Stonecloud would be letting Stonepaw appear in Icestar and Ivykit's dreams. He had been practicing for awhile now and tonight, Stonecloud was letting him transport for the first time.

            "When you close your eyes, think hard about that one cat. You should be able to make your way into their dreams since you aren't ready to appear to cats yet," Stonecloud said. "Try it. Since you're just beginning, you'll only have a little bit to talk. Try to be fast on what you say. Ready?"

            Stonepaw nodded. He closed his eyes and concentrated deeply on Icestar. He thought of how she cared for him. He thought of all the training they had done. He thought of the first day he met her. Her gleaming white pelt and ice-blue eyes were implanted in his mind. When he opened his eyes he was in a different part of StarClan. He was in a clearing by a river. He pricked his ears, hearing the slow and steady rushing of the water.

            "Icestar?" he asked.

            The white she-cat came out of nowhere. "STONEPAW!" she gasped and ran to him, knocking him over. Stonepaw laughed, a laugh he had not made in awhile.

            "Hello, Icestar," Stonepaw said. "I only have a short amount of time."

            "Why did you kill yourself?" Icestar asked, furious with the tom.

            "I felt alone. You would just lecture me. I never got to see Cottonkit and Ivykit. I loved Ivykit and she loved me, but we never spoke. Thank you for losing a life to see me."

            "You should've never killed yourself, Stonepaw," Icestar said.

            "I know. I regret it everyday. Thank you for taking care of me, Icestar. I love you so much. You were like a mother to me."

            Icestar smiled. Her last words were muffled as Stonepaw disappeared, and instead of Icestar, Stonecloud appeared.

            "How'd it go?" Stonecloud asked.

            "Good," Stonepaw said. "I'm ready to see Ivykit."

            "You know what to do," Stonecloud said.

            Stonepaw concentrated hard on Ivykit. He thought of how they played together. He thought of the day that Ivykit confessed her love to him. He thought of her deep blue eyes and her stunning pelt color of silver and white. When he opened his eyes, he was in yet another part of StarClan. This time he was in a meadow, filled with butterflies. He spotted the white and gray she-cat chasing a nearby butterfly, laughing and pouncing..

            "Ivykit!"

            The she-cat turned around. Stonepaw gasped as she let out a word. "STONEPAW!"

            Stonepaw stopped in his tracks. "Wait, you can speak?"

            "In StarClan, I can," Ivykit said. "Just like how a blind cat can see in StarClan."

            "I only have a short amount of time," Stonepaw began. "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry I left you. I never should've died."

            "It wasn't your fault," Ivykit said, resting her tail on the tom's shoulder..

            "Yes, it was. I let a fox kill me because I was suffering from depression. Ivykit, I love you so much. I always hoped we would be mates again."