Chapter 25

Stonepaw sat in StarClan. He was away from the horrors. There were no more horrors. Everything was peaceful and quiet.
            "What happens to the foxes?" Stonepaw asked.
            "You have two options," Icestar said. "Either you can keep it the way it was or I erase you from their minds forever. It will be like you never existed. Lily will have another mate. Arrow will die at another time. Your kits won't exist."
            Stonepaw sighed. "I think the second one will be better for everyone. It's probably best that Stone never existed."
            Icestar smiled. "Yes. By all powers of StarClan, I change Stone's fate!" she yowled.
            A flash of light burned Stonepaw's eyes, then he saw clearly again. "Would you like to see what's happening now?" Icestar asked.
            Stonepaw nodded, padding over to the pool with her. He looked in seeing the foxes. Chase and Rock laughed happily. Daisy and Arrow stood next to each other with the same four kits.
            "Most of them have different names, except Meadow. Meadow is the same. The male is River. Sunshine is now Dandelion. Pebble is now Squirrel."
            Stonepaw nodded, seeing the same four kits, all with different personalities. Stonepaw gasped, seeing another unfamiliar fox standing next to Lily. Lily's stomach was plump with kits. Finally, Stonepaw let the tears come.
            "I know," Icestar said. "It's hard. But you're protecting everyone now. Your choice has kept everyone you love alive."
            Stonepaw nodded, not speaking. "What about Ivypaw?"
            "Ivygaze," Icestar corrected him. "She and Ashclaw became mates. Ivygaze just gave birth to three healthy kits."
            "I knew she forgot me," Stonepaw groaned.
            "Forgot you?" Icestar asked. "Never! You didn't even get to see the kits! Come! I'll show you!"
            Stonepaw looked into the pool again to see Ivygaze with three kits sleeping next to her. One was a beautiful tortoiseshell she-cat. The others were a gray tabby tom and a brown tabby tom who looked much like him.
            "What are their names?" Stonepaw groaned. "I still don't see how this has to do with me."
            "She had to have Cottonnose translate them to everyone. The she-cat is Softkit. The gray tabby tom is Runningkit. The brown tabby tom is...Stonekit."
            Stonepaw gasped, feeling the emotions come on again. "S-Stonekit?"
            Icestar smiled, nodding. "She never forgot you, Stonepaw."
            "I know," Stonepaw said. "I never should've believed what Moonstar said." He glanced back in the pool seeing a familiar white she-cat. "Is that-," he was cut off by Icestar.
            "Yes that's Snowtail. Cottonnose's mate. Their kits are almost apprentices. See the white tom with the black tail and the white she-cat?"
            Stonepaw nodded. "What are their names?"
            "The tom is Fuzzykit. The she-cat is Marshmallowkit," Icestar said. "There's also one more thing, Stonepaw."
            "What?"
            "You need to return to SnowClan?"
            "Wh-what?" he gasped. Return? As in stay? Was Icestar speaking the truth?
            "Yes. The portal will open to you very soon. The changing of Stone's fate has changed your destiny rapidly. When you arrive, you must convince Ashclaw that he is the wrong mate. It will take a lot of effort, but you must try," Icestar said.
            "I will," Stonepaw replied. "Will I see you again, Icestar?"
            "Yes," Icestar replied. "Once your life is well lived, you'll return here. I will see you again."
            "Where's Stonecloud? I have to say good-bye to her!" he yowled.
            "There is not enough time, but I will tell her good-bye for you," Icestar said. Just after she finished her sentence, a bright light flashed towards Stonepaw.
            "Good-bye, Icestar," he said. "Thank you for all you've done."
            "Good-bye, Stonepaw! I'll see you soon," she said.
            Stonepaw stepped into the portal. Lights flashed around, screwing up his eyes. He landed hard on the ground. When his vision returned and focused, he realized he was in the same hunting grounds where Rock had killed him.