Chapter 15

A moon had passed since Stone had turned into a fox. He had no idea how to turn back into a cat, but he wasn't worried. He had been hanging out with Lily, Arrow, and Daisy for most of the time.

            The chills of leaf-bare were to end soon. Maybe he would find a way to change back then. In the meantime, however, he had been entirely fixed on Lily. He had fallen in love with the vixen, just like Arrow had said. He was sure that she had fallen in love with him too.

            Arrow and Daisy had gone out hunting in the sunset, leaving Lily and him alone. Stone suspected it was all part of Arrow's plan.

            "Hey, Lily," Stone said. The moon had just begun to shine on them. He padded across the thick snow that had covered the ground only days ago. This would surely be the last snowfall of leaf-bare.

            "Hey, Stone," Lily said, looking up into the moon.

            "The moon is really pretty tonight," Stone said.

            Lily nodded. "I wonder why Arrow and Daisy haven't gotten back yet."

            "They probably want to be alone," Stone said. "They can't have us following them all the time."

            Lily laughed. "We should take the full moon as an advantage. Want to go in the meadow? It will be easier to see it there."

            "Sure," Stone said as he followed Lily into the forest.

            As they walked, they quickly came across Arrow and Daisy who were playfully pawing at each other.

            "Hey guys!" Arrow said as Daisy bit down on his ear. "Hey!" Arrow said and pawed at Daisy lightly.

            "Where are you off to?" Daisy asked.

            "The meadow," Lily replied.

            Daisy and Arrow exchanged glances with each other. No doubt they were glad that Lily and him were falling in love.

            Lily and Stone continued walking. "You know, I've always sort of been jealous of them," Lily said.

            "Why?" Stone asked.

            "They're just so perfect for each other. I feel so lonely when I'm around them. I feel like there's no fox for me," she said.

            "That's not true," Stone said.

            Lily sighed. "Maybe it's not. I just wish he was here."

            Stone could tell she was in a bad mood. "Tag!" he said, touching her tail.

            Lily's frown turned into smile. She raced after him. Together they rolled through the snow, having fun.

            After awhile, they sat in the cold. Lily shivered and Stone moved more towards her. "Maybe we should go," he said.

            "No," Lily said. "I like being here right now, with you."

            "Y-You do?" Stone asked. "Do you feel the same way I feel about you?"

            "How do you feel about me?" Lily asked.

            Stone gulped. Should he confess his love right here? It was now or never. "I love you," he said.

            Lily's eyes sparkled in the moonlight. "I love you too," she said.

            Stone smiled. They got out of the snow and shook their pelts off. "Lily, I've loved you for awhile now and it's just....well, will you be my mate?"

            Lily smiled even more. "Of course I will, Stone!"

            The two foxes raced around again, laughing. They laughed and cheered as they came near the burrows as well.

            "Well, where do we sleep now since the burrows are too small?" Stone asked.

            "I know the perfect place," Lily said. She led him more near Daisy and Arrow's burrow. She stood next to a large pile of leaves.

            "Well?" Stone asked.

            Lily moved the pile of leaves to reveal a large den. "I discovered this when I was just a fox kit. I've been saving it. Now it's our den."

            Stone smiled. They crawled into the den and slept side by side, filling the cold den with warmth. Was this how it would've felt if he and Ivypaw had become mates? Stone would never know. He was happy here. Moonstar's curse had turned out more like a blessing.