Epilogue

Stoneclaw sat in the elders' den with Ivygaze, Cottonnose, and Snowtail. Moons had passed. They were old cats and had retired, becoming elders.
            "BADGERCLAW! BADGERCLAW!" the clan yowled. Stoneclaw smiled at his kit. She would be a great warrior. He watched as Badgerclaw exited the rock and ran to Milknose. Milknose was the cat she loved. He smiled as he heard Milknose ask Badgerclaw to be his mate.
             Badgerclaw had been raised well. She had a mother and father who loved her so. Her best friend, Fogpaw, smiled at her. The two had been friends since birth.
            As for other news, Softheart had given birth to two she-cats, Fernpaw and Creampaw. Creampaw was a cream colored she-cat, while Fernpaw was a brown tabby she-cat who took after her father, Sparrowwing.
            Splashleap had also given birth to two wonderful kits. Runninglegs was a great father.
            It was obvious that Ivygaze was proud of her four kits. She loved them all the same, giving them equal attention and love.
            Stoneclaw smiled, nudging Ivygaze with his paw. "Remember when we all played as kits?"
            It had been so long ago when they had been kits, playing in the nursery. Stoneclaw had gone through so much since then.
            Ivygaze nodded. Cottonnose laughed, recalling all the memories they had shared.
            As night fell upon the clan, Stoneclaw curled up next to Ivygaze. He loved her so much. He always would. But he loved Lily too. He loved Ivygaze and Lily the same, no matter what happened.
            Closing his eyes, Stoneclaw fell into an everlasting dream. He was stuck in darkness, but the darkness subsided as a familiar white she-cat walked forward.
            The clan leader smiled at the kit she had raised. "Are you ready, Stoneclaw?"
            Stoneclaw nodded, padding forward to the clan leader. He smiled as he saw Ivygaze curling up next to him. He gave one last glance that way, then padded off to Icestar where he would walk with the stars, returning to the ones he loved, and awaiting the ones who loved him.

THE END