4.Pizza

Chapter 4: Pizza

"Who is that?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Uhh that's my... look Nora I can explain".

"You better... or else I don't know what to do."

"Oh hi you must be Nora," all of a sudden the girl on the bed wasn't sleeping anymore, she was in front of me, looking perfectly fine having caught in such a situation. I don't say anything instead I look at her with a bewildered expression on my face.

" I am sorry. I know this doesn't look good but trust me it isn't what you think it is. Terrance is dumb enough to not explain you anything. You see this is my bedroom. Terrance's is on the other side of the corridor. We are just roommates. And this crappy apartment has only one bathroom which turns out is in my room so now you are here. Terrance has told me a lot about you but he never showed me how you looked like. I assumed you are Nora so I am hoping it's you."

Pause. Both Terrance and I don't say anything. I need some time to digest this. Why haven't I heard of Terrance ever mentioning a roommate who looks like she just got out of Victoria's secret fashion show? Why would he hide this piece of information from me?

Too ease the awkwardness in the air she keeps on speaking, "You are quite beautiful actually. I don't know why Terrance never showed a picture of yours. You look quite familiar actually. Someone famous but..."

My heart was beating loudly against my chest. My cover will be blown and it has only been a week in New York I don't want to go back to Eswana yet. "Riley can you shut up for a second? You talk a lot. I was actually going to explain Nora about our situation,"

She gave him a toothy smile. "Okay freak. You are such a goof I can't believe you have such a cute gifriend." She said winking at me. "You deserve better," she mouthed at me.

"Hey I heard that Riley!" He playfully pushed her. She laughed. Even her laugh was beautiful. "Nora this is Riley. My roommate. Like me she's also a software developer. We are actually working on this project together. As we need to work late hours Nora decided to shift to my place so we can work on the project together more often."

"Or else I needed to take a train of 2 hours everyday just to work with this goof."

.............

After having lunch together Terrance and I were sitting in his room. "I hope you are okay with this Riley situation... I would have told you but you were already stressed about...".

"Its alright babe. I like Riley she seems like a nice girl".

"Oh", he sighed. "I am glad you do", he pulled me closer to him. "I am so glad to see you again", he kissed me on my lips. I know I tried to be cool with Riley but inside something was irking me but I didn't let that get to me as Riley was genuinely nice. Also, a little part of me was happy to make new friends as the only friends I had in my life till now are Gustav, Terrance and Tessa.

I kissed him back with equal urgency, it's been so long since I have been kissed like that. It felt good, Terrance felt good. Terrance took his time discovering my lips while he unbuttoned my shirt. Right then we were interrupted with a hard knock on the door.

We stopped kissing to see Riley standing in front of the door. "Uhh sorry to interrupt you guys but", she looked at Terrance," I have got an idea for the project and we gotta implement it now".

"Right now? I was kind of in the middle of something", Terrance said.

"I know.  I am sorry it's just that it kind of needs to be worked on right now or else...".

"I understand", I smiled at her. Begrudgingly Terrance got out of the bed and dashed out of the room.

Riley smiled at me and left but for some reason it didn't feel like a friendly one.

.............

"Nora can you please do my laundry for me? I didn't get any time to do this week", Riley asked barely taking her eyes off the laptop screen.

"Yeah I-", I was scrolling through my Twitter account. Surprisingly, PrincessEleanorasucks hasn't tweeted anything mean about me in a long time. I am glad they didn't get a whiff of my disappearance  or else it wouldn't have been a major scandal.

"Great. It's on your bed. I kept it there for you beforehand". Oh wow, she just expected me to do it. I went to the room to see a heap of clothes on my bed. Oh god it's gonna take me forever to do the laundry. I will have to spend hours in the laundry room.

Riley was starting to get on my nerves. I know I said earlier she was nice but I take that back. Only time she's nice to me is when Terrance is around and when he's not around all she does is bosses me around. She makes me do all her work and she doesn't even say thank you. Only when Terrance is around I suddenly become her best friend. Also for some reason she just can't stand us being too close. Every time we are about to be intimate she comes up with an excuse to drag Terrance away. Also they are so engrossed in their stupid project that Terrance and I barely get to spend any time together. They work the whole night while I am asleep and in the morning he goes to work. After coming from work he is too tired to work and all he does is sleep.

I was starting to hate this place. I had to do all the work. The first day I had to wash all the unwashed dishes they have  been hording for weeks. I can't stand mess so the situation of the apartment was getting on my nerves. For the past few days I have been working so much that every day I woke up with a body ache.

I took the laundry downstairs, it was hard to pick up my basket but pausing after every few steps helped.

After I was done, I went upstairs to prepare lunch. Surprisingly it didn't take much time as the washing machine was cooperating with me. The machines here are horrible and sometimes they take a lot of pressing to start. But today I got one of those ones which were newly installed. Usually they were always occupied but for some reason the laundry was empty today.

I was about to open the door when I heard weird noises. Noises which sounded like someone.... having sex. I took a step backward,"It isn't... It can't be...", I said trying to calm myself down. With shaky hands I opened the door.