27. Gelato

He realized what he did. He looked at me with utter shock and guilt on his face. "Elijah? You did this?"
Greta, one of the waitresses, cried out.

"No I-."

"Shut up. You've nothing to say," I said sounding bitter. I couldn't believe Elijah was capable of such things and it still did come as a shock even if I had my suspicions.

Right then the police barged in from our back door. I wondered who called the police and how did they come here really fast? I just got the confession out of him.

"Mr. Elijah Ernest you under arrested for stealing five thousand dollars from the restaurant 'La Casa'. You've the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do may be used as evidence against you in a court of law," the police said as they put on the handcuffs.

The whole time Vincent was behind me and I didn't notice. "Mr. Milano we came at the right time just to hear his confession so he will be arrested away."

"Thanks for coming on time. I'll send in the other evidences as well."

With that the police left with an embarrassed looking Elijah who had his head down as he walked to outside to the police car.

Vincent immediately went to handle the guests. Although everything happened inside the staff headquarters and even the police entered through the back door but Vincent had to make sure the customers were okay. I am pretty sure many of them saw the police taking Elijah, who was in staff uniform, away in a police car.

After the situation calmed down a bit Vincent came to talk to me.  "Eleanora can we talk?"

"Uh yes."

"Inside. My room."

"No you can talk to me here,"  People knew what we were doing inside the room so I didn't want to give people the wrong idea again.

"Oh okay. I'm sorry for not telling you everything. I wanted to figure this out on my own without getting you worried."

I sighed. "That wasn't the best idea. Vincent you should've told me. We could've figured this out together."

"Yes. I'm sorry. But hey you don't tell me things either. So I'm not the only one," Vincent pointed out.

"What did I not tell you?"

"Everything. You're so vague. Everything about you is a mystery."

"This is very irrelevant to this matter. I do tell you things. You're the one who is a mystery. You don't tell me anything!"

"What didn't I tell you?"

"Oh I don't know. Why do you pretend to be cold towards Kaden? He tries so hard to be close to you. You love him but you pretend to be distant towards him. You obviously have something on with your family."

"That's none of your business," he said in a cold tone.

I was a little taken aback by his attitude.

"Oh okay. Cool. Then we will both keep our noses out of each other's lives."

...

We avoided each other for the rest of the day.

Vincent and I didn't share much things about each other and I preferred it like that. Like he wouldn't ask much about my life and I did the same. It was obvious he wasn't close to his family but I never asked him or about anything for that matter. I had my reasons for not sharing things especially with the whole princess thing. I couldn't let him let him know that. I didn't trust him enough to reveal that.

Maybe someday I will tell him but right now I had serious trust issues. I was paranoid about unnecessary things. I really needed to work on myself.

Blair came to visit us today after months as a surprise.Turns out the baby will be arriving soon. "Two months left," Blair said proudly pointing at her belly.

I hugged her. It has been ages since I last saw her. We do text each other occasionally but we never find any time to meet up. So I was happy to see her. She was unaware about the whole Elijah situation so we didn't bother telling her either as she looked too excited.

She handed out invitation cards to her baby shower which was this weekend. "I know this is last minute but please do try to make it."

"Of course we will be there!" Lisa said cheerfully.

...

I didn't go home with Vincent today. Instead, I decided to stop by at the nearest pharmacy store to pick up some tampons and some toiletries. I even picked up some Chinese takeaway for myself. Most of the time I had to spend my money wisely as I had to return Vincent the money I owe him so I avoided spending money unless I really needed to. The food at the restaurant and at home that was made by Vincent was more than enough for me.

But sometimes it was okay to treat myself. I also stopped at Starbucks to pick up the most sugary drink they have. I thought I deserved to treat myself every now and then. But I couldn't help but think about what the dietician at the palace would say. 'Princess you're fine however we do need to maintain your figure as you're always on camera. Try to avoid sugar and-.'

I didn't let that thought deter me,"One Cinnamon Roll Frappuccino with extra whipped cream."

The friendly staff got on to making my order right away.

That's when I heard someone call out- "Princess Eleanora!"