10. Caprese salad

I was overwhelmed by all the thoughts inside my head. I knew I was overthinking but I couldn't help myself. My heart was beating loudly against my chest and all of a sudden I was feeling really hot even though it was quite cold today. I needed to stop thinking about that but one thing would come to my mind-

What if he knows I am a princess and he was just keeping me here till the guards arrive and take me away?

What if he has been working with them all along?

How did he even know my name? I clearly remember not telling him.

I got up from my bed to fetch some water. With shaky hands I filled up a glass for myself. Sitting on the couch I drank all the water. I placed my hand on my heart, it was still beating really loudly. I tried to countdown, trying to distract myself with happy thoughts of my mom. I wish she was still here, I wouldn't have never faced something horrible like this. I know I lived in a palace in Eswana but nothing could beat the small place where I used to live with my mom. We had only one bedroom so she and I would sleep together at night. Every night she would tell me fairy tales and they were the best. I was sobbing now, I miss my mom so much.

"Hey, you okay?" a small voice behind me asked.

I jumped in my seat. A little startled by his presence. All of a sudden he was making me nervous, "Yeah", I answered tersely.

"No you are not. I heard you crying. Is everything okay?" he asked his voice etched with worry. The only light source was the coming from the dimly lit corridor, I could see his face properly just the outlines of his figure. He took a seat beside me.

"How did you know my name?" I asked him.

"I- what? When?"

"When I woke up I didn't even tell you my name. How did you find out?"

"It was written on your credit card. Why?"

Of course. I remember handing my card to him. Fortunately my card was made under the name Eleanor Anderson and not my full name for security purposes. "I am sorry- its just-."

"Why do you keep doubting me?"

I was taken aback by his question. I knew my questions were out of nowhere but I just couldn't help myself. I was supposed to be thankful towards this stranger but all I have been doing was suspecting him. I felt like crying again- god was I pms-ing? I got teary eyed again, "I am sorry. No- Its just I got betrayed so many times I have a hard time trusting people nowadays, my voice cracked but I tried myself to not cry again.

He placed a hand on back to comfort me,"Its alright. You and me both. Nowadays I don't trust anyone after getting cheated on."

"I don't think I can go out with anyone without having severe trust issues," I admitted.

"Same. I actually haven't dated anyone since then and I don't think I will- at least for now."

The fact that we can relate is what makes me feel a little relieved. I mean I am just glad I have someone to talk to about it.

"Thank you for making me feel a little better," I smiled at him. "I think I am gonna go to sleep now. You should too," I said getting up. "We have work-," before I could finish my sentence the next thing I know I slipped on the carpet and fell on Vincent's lap.

"I am sorry-," my cheeks were red. I was struggling to get up but I was in an awkward position, then I accidentally brushed my ass against the front of his pants and then I felt it- something was poking into my thighs. I think this time both of us turned red.

"Uh I am sorry," he held me by my waist and lifted me up from his lap. He dashed to his room to hide the unmistakable bulge in his pants.

.........