Chapter 5 - Proximity

//I'm so happy to update today cause today it's my BDAY Yeeeeey I am officially 16, 17 in korean age. Happy Bday to me.

PS: WAENG, WAENG WAENG WAENG WAENG WAENG
PSS: Pls get the reference\\

__

I turn around to find..

____

"Jaewook!?" I ask startled.

"Hi there." He replies. Jaewook is at the entrance to the music room, hanging on the wall while staring at me.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was just going for a walk around school and heard you. You have talent."

I feel myself blush and thank him while looking away. My ex-crush who litteraly CRUSHed my heart is talking with me normaly.

We just stay there for moments without speaking, just staring into space. He then tells me that since I'm Heedo's friend he wants to know me better and that's one of the reasons why they invited me and my friends to hang out.
I was kinda shook when he told me it was his idea but he just smiled. I asked him, as a popular person who could be friends with anyone, why would he hang out with us. He just answered me with a shrug and we went silent again.

I feel weird. Before, when I really liked him, I would do anything to be with him like this and have his attention. Right now, I feel so embarassed that I want him to go away. The mood is also very awkward as we don't know anything about each other; well, at least he doesn't know anything about me.

He peels himself of the wall, grabs a chair and sits in front of me, looking directly into my eyes.

"You have pretty eyes." He compliments. I just smile shyly and look away.

A few minutes pass until Jaewook gets up and grabs a violin. He then starts playing a soft melody to which I close my eyes to feel it.
The song is very beautiful and it carries lots of honest feelings. Without knowing I start to smile to the sweet sound of the violin and start humming along.
Just then, he starts singing. I never knew Jaewook could sing. I knew he was talented in many ways but I didn't know about his talent for music.
I feel like I didn't know him enough.
Without my consent a tear excapes my eyes and runs along my face.

He suddenly stops which has me opening my eyes startled. He just stays there staring at me until he seems to get himself together and comes closer to where I am.

"Are you okay? Why are you crying?" He asks concerned.

I just shrug for the 10000000 time today and he smiles sheepishly. As I'm sat and he's up on his feet he crouches down so we are at the same eye level. He then reaches for my face and starts cleaning my tears with his slim fingers.

"I'm sorry. I should have played an happier tune."

"No, I loved the song."

He smiles, genuinely this time, and continues to erase my tears.
When he finishes we just stay there, staring at each other, his hand next to my face, my cheeks burning crazily hot and it seems like the time has stopped.
Until his phone rings and he has to leave. Then I am left with my mind in a complete mess and my heart beating too much for my own good.

I'm sorry that this chapter is half the lenght it usually is. I don't have a certain amount of words per chapter, only a series of events and I usually finish a chapter when I think it seems like the right thing to do hahaha

Love u,
MINJEE

Q: Who's your OTP?