Chapter 11 - Well Done

The warm feeling spreading through my chest made its way to my cheeks, making me flushed but I couldn't care less about it. We did it. Heedo's arms were currently arround me as we embraced each other, our classmates turning it into a group hug. His smile was wide but I believe mine was wider. We freaking did it!

______

I tried to calm myself down a little while other groups were presenting but I felt myself getting more and more nervous every minute that ticked by. I could bet Heedo was the same as he had been trying to keep a steady rythm of breathing for the last forty minutes.

We were appointed as the last group to present and so we took this time to evaluate others and compare them to our own work.
Sooner than expected we were called by the teacher and got up from our seats.

What was different about our composition was that we didn't have any background melody or something. We were going to rap acapella.

As soon as Heedo dropped the needed beat, I started rapping, the words rolling through my thongue with ease, tales being told by them. Then it was Heedo's turn to rap as I accompanied him with background beatbox and melodies.
We rapped together in a simple yet complex melody, the room being filled with nothing but our voices.

The room then erupted into clapping and throwing compliments at us as I finished the song. The teacher smiled at us and I turned to Heedo, seeing him smiling widely at him.

We did it. Besides our insecurities with our song, our nervosism, our lack of "vocal talent", we were able to finish the handed assignment and even got a standing ovation from our class.

I was then embraced by Heedo and smiled as brightly as possible. The warm feeling of happiness and accomplishment spreaded through my chest and made its way to my cheeks, making me flushed but I couldn't care less about it. We did it. Heedo's arms were still around me in a tight embrace, obviously sharing the same feeling I had, our classmates turning it into a group hug. His smile was wide but I believe mine was wider. We freaking did it!

It might not seem like much but for us to complete a music assignment with a standing ovation was huge. I didn't even care about the grade we would recieve anymore, I felt so happy in that particular moment, knowing that people enjoyed our performance.

The teacher then broke the moment by calling everyone's attention to her, declaring that she would be giving us our grades by email. After that, students begun to flood out of the room, leaving me and Heedo behind with some other guy, us both trying to control our happiness.
The boy who was still left in the classroom quietly approached us and coughed a little as if to grab our attention.
Heedo smiled at him and asked him in what we might be of help and he just told us he had recorded everything and wanted us to keep the video aswell. I smiled widely and nodded at him before he opened his computer and connected his camera to it.

_____

I still can't believe we got an A+! ME AND HEEDO GOT AN A IN MUSIC FOR OUR PERFORMANCE!

I went to look for him as soon as I arrived at school to tell him the good news. I found him walking towards his class, Jaewook walking in front him whom I ended up almost ignoring due to the euphoria I felt.
I skipped towards Heedo and shook him as soon as I arrived at his side. He looked at me with wide eyes as if questioning my sanity but I just smiled excitedly at him.

"We got an A+!" I exclaimed with a wide smile. At first Heedo seemed to be thinking about what I said, not really understanding it but then everything clicked and he looked at me with even wider eyes and a huge smile.
We linked both our hands and jumped around, happier than ever.

"Well, good morning to you too." I heard from my right side and turned towards the voice's source to find Jaewook. I stood there, staring blankly at him only now noticing all I had done worthy of embarassment in front of him. "And what got you two so happy?" He asked, with a hint of something in his voice that I could not completely understand.

Before I had time to react to his question, Heedo already answered for me, telling him how we got an A+ in music class for our assignment. Jaewook's expression changed in understanding and he smiled, congratulating both of us.
The youngest smiled back and went towards his class, leaving us both alone.

I gave him a shy smile and was about to turn away when he stopped me by grabbing my wrist. I looked up at him and he smiled once again before patting my head with his large hand.

"Well done, Minpyo."

And then he hugged me.
I felt myself blush at his actions and I just kept on hoping he wouldn't realize my heart hammering agaisnt my ribcage. Too soon to my liking he let go of me and went towards his class aswell. I was confused. And I still am confused.

During the rest of the day I couldn't help but keep thinking on his words back then right before he hugged me. I kept thinking about the words that left his lips even at lunch, leading a grumpy Gunmin and a grinning Junghoon to call me out for spacing out.

Only if they knew how much my heart was beating, how much I was holding myself back from screaming in joy at such a weak moment. I knew it was not much but, once again, it mattered to me. It mattered so much that no name, not even Minsu's, went through my mind that day, none other than Bae Jaewook and the words he so sweetly spoke to me.

"Well done, Minpyo."

___

A/N:
Hello guys ~ I'm so sorry you had to wait for an update for so long, I am seriously the worst writer ever.
I really apologize for that but 11th grade has been chaotic dor me and whenever I came ro wattpad I would only read and not write (even if I really wanted to) due to not being able to be creative.
Now, 11th grade has not finished, still gotta go through national exams but after that I am free. So, one more month and it'll be all fine.
I decided to upload this chapter today because although it's not the best I wanted to give you something.

Love you sweeties,
Min ~