Chapter 4

I stared out of the glossy window. The moon was glaring in the sky, my mouth transformed into a wide oval shape as I was yawning. Robert was counting the money over and over again. "£1,450," he'd repeat. Darby was in the toilet.

"Emma, its going to be alright. We can get a tent or something. Camp out. It will be fun. We can at least wait a couple of days before going to the police. We should be having fun, not spending our lives worrying." I tried to comfort. She forced a smile, but it soon transformed back into a sad face.

The train stopped abruptly at the trainstation. We clambered up from the underground. "Lets buy I tent I say," i pitched forward my idea to the others, smiling away.

"Sure." Robert agreed. We visited a shop just around the corner and bought a £100 tent. We pitched it up on a small banking near a long river.

"Im going to get somemore wood for the fire." Emma said. She stood up and left Me, Robert, Megan and Darby sitting around the fire. 

"Eventful, today has been."

"And its just about to get worse." We all turned around. Robert looked up from counting the money once again. A man stood, wearing a black mask with holes for his mouth and nose. He held a gun in his two hands and pointed it towards us.

"Money. Now." He ordered. Robert looked down at the money. He sharply stood up and began to walk. Suddenly the man lunged for Robert and grabbed him. He pointed the gun to his head.

"Anyone makes a sound, he gets it." Tears poured from Robert's eyes.

"STOP!" Suddenly Robert was let go. There was a bang of a gun. The splash of water.

Silence fell upon us. Emma was standing where the man should have. Suddenly Police Officers surrounded us, all holding guns up.

Everyone remained speechless, looking for the person that was shot. Emma stood. Immaculate. No shot.

The was a scream of pain. The drip of blood.

Megan held her hands over her leg. Blood dribbled down it. From then on. It was all a blur. I felt my body freeze. My eyes close. I fell, into what felt like and endless space of empty darkness.