Chapter 7

The car screeched to a halt and we all looked out of the back window at the over turned lorry at the side of the road.

"Stay here kids!" The old man shouted, he left the car to go and check the lorry. We all sat quiet and nervous. Out of nowhere Darby suddenly swapped seats and jumped into the drivers seat.

"DARBY?!" I screamed, Emma jumped forward trying to stop her from driving the car, but she just couldnt reach. She started up the iginition and pushed down on the accelerator.

"What are you doing Darby?" I shouted.

"I heard you whisper Robert, you whispered to the driver, you wanted us to go home! Well Im not!" She screamed, speeding along the bipass. She took a left at a junction and we passed an unusual looking B & Q.

We sped along the deserted, hedged road at a foce than I couldnt describe. Suddenly I felt my whole body fling forward and backwards again. I heard the splash of water and the scream of a person.

"DARBY!" Rob shouted. We were stranded in a small lake. I cold sharp pain sped up me. Water flushed through Emma's broken window.

"We have to get out. Suddenly Darby pushed open her door and the water poured in. She used her arms to push herself out and she floated to the top. The water flooded in and it rose to the top of the car. Robert pushed open his door and suddenly more water flew in. Before we knew it we were under the water, desperate for breath. I pushed myself out and I swam upwards.

I doggy paddled to the shallow end of the river, catching my breath. Already there to meet me was Rob and Darby.

"Where's Emma?" I panted, Robert shrugged.

"EMMA!" I screeched. I headed for the water when a head bobbed over the surface. I wandered in to help the straggling girl. I pulled her back to the edge, the rain continuing to pour upon is. We were all drenched.

"What's that?" Darby asked, she was staring down the road at a large looking building.

"A B&B," Emma managed to splurt out over the rain downfall, "I used to stay there with my dad sometimes." We all stood at that point and wandered towards the building.

Half way there something popped into my mind, "Guys, where's the money?" I asked. Darby reached into her jacket and pulled out the money in a plastic bag.

We reached the B&B. Inside it was very tacky and run down. "It wasnt like this when I used to come," Emma looked confused.

"There's a phone," Robert realised. Me, Robert and Emma walked over to it. Emma picked up the phone and began to dial the number.

Suddenly the lights flickered and turned off. "GET AWAY."