Chapter 6

"So, can you tell us your name yet?" The man stood up from the chair beside the bed and grabbed his hat, placing it onto his head. I looked down ignoring him. It had been two days since I was taken in. Megan had been moved to a bigger hospital because of her injuries and the whereabouts of Rob, Darby and Emma were unknown.

"Well, you cant leave until you tell me," I just ignored him completely, "Nice to meet you kiddo," and he left. In my ward now was nobody. Since the person on the left had been allowed to leave everything was quiet.

I rested my head down on the pillow for a quick nap.

"Dylan," the whisper was so faint and soft, at first I hadnt recognised it was real, "Dylan wake up," I flickered my eyes open. A dark shadow towered over me. It was Emma.

"Quick, we have to get out of here," I smiled, this was the day I left. Emma, surprisingly, was wearing different clothes.

"We have a plan, go to the toilet, get changed and Ill distract the nurses then sneak down to the exit and get in the cab with Darby and Rob." She handed me a change of clothes.

I stood up and made my way to the exit of the ward. A few nurses were standing at the end of the hallway.

Emma swaggered up to the reception. There were two nurses chatting. One wore her brown hair in a big bun whilst the other had a blonde bob. I snook round the corner and into the toilet before I could have been seen.

I changed into smart chino's and a purple checqured jacket. I stopped and sighed, I tried to hide the hospital clothes in a store cupboard.

Suddenly a large alarm went off. I started to panic, I could feel my heart beating tremendously punch against the inside of my skin. I slowly pushed open the door, both of the nurses were gone. I chucked up my hood and began to walk.

An instant memory sprung to mind, I sharply turned back round and raced back to the ward, taking a red box from under my pillow and began to leave again.

I ran until I got down to main reception. There were people still there. I looked through the gridded door window and I could see Emma peering round a corridor. She gave me a signal and suddenly more alarms sprung to life.

I pushed open the doors and turned left towards the exit. Outside I could see headlights in the distance. I could just see Robert's head peering over the forward parked cars. I ran, the box safely into my hands. I jumped into the taxi.

Darby sat in the front beside an old withered man.

"Nice to see you back," She smiled. I forced a smile back at her. The truth was, I wanted to go home. Get things back to normal. Was that too much to ask for?

Emma came back shortly afterwards and the car pulled away. We sped down the nearest bipass, rain shattering the windows. 

"Now I'm sure there is a junction here," the man would curse under his breath.

BEEEP! I turned to my left I out of the window. I could see the headlights staring into my face. I was going to die.