X

Amell lead Gabriel into a small building. It was strange. Amell seemed to know everyone sitting inside. He went around and greeted the other men. It was apparent that Amell visited often.

"Amell, who's the boy? Have you lost interest in women." One of the men joked looking at Gabriel.

"You'll known soon enough." Amell patted the  man's back.

Amell lead Gabriel to a sat at the bar. He ordered two of "The Usual" that looked to be black sludge in a mug. Gabriel looked at it disgusted.

"I'd like to make a toast to my long lost son, Gabriel. Drinks are on me tonight fellas!" Amell shouted.

The crowd of men yelled in joyful cheers. Gabriel couldn't but help but smile. Amell nudged him to drink the black sludge. Gabriel looked down at it. He could swear he saw something moving in it. He wanted to please Amell and fit in, so he took a sip.

His face soured at the taste of the drink. Amell laughed at him.

"This is the worst thing I've ever tasted." Gabriel said.

"You'll get used to it. After this we can go sight seeing." Amell said.

"I'd like that." Gabriel smiled.

Then Gabriel thought about how Amell called him his son. He's been called that repeatedly. Gabriel needed to know why Amell felt the need to call him "son".

"Amell why do you call me son?" Gabriel asked.

Amell stopped smiling. He thought about his next words carefully. He didn't want to upset the still emotionally fragile Gabriel.

"Gabriel, I call you my son because that's what I think of you. I loved your father, and I know he loved you. He talked about you and your brother constantly. I felt like I was a part of both you and your brother's lives. I feel like....your my son too." Amell explained.

"Thanks Amell. I really needed that. But I don't think I need this drink." Gabriel pushed the mug away from him.

Amell laughed and helped Gabriel up. They left the pub and went on the the streets to see all of the Mainland. Gabriel wanted to see and do everything.