XV

Amell held Gabriel in bed. They weren't asleep but they were silent. When Gabriel got up to leave Amell stopped him. Gabriel didn't mind much though Amell's bed was more comfortable then the floor or the sofa downstairs. After ducking in Amell's bedroom to hide they had not done much more then lay on the bed.

"I felt it you know, when he pasted. I just felt upset for no reason at all and I knew something had happened to him. Then you came and gave me the news I already knew. Gabe without you I would have died along with him." Amell said breaking the long silence.

I never knew that I could mean so much to someone. I hardly even know who I am without father. He was my shield and cloak from the world. Gabriel thought.

"I miss him." Gabriel said.

"I do too. I miss him a little less now."

Gabriel let Amell pull him closer. They stayed like that for a long time. Until Amell finally fell asleep. Gabriel moved from his bed and went downstairs. They couldn't get cought especially since Amell had introduced Gabriel to everyone as his son.

Gabriel made a fire for himself as Amell had shone him once before. Gabriel liked fire it was so warm and comforting to him. Nothing like the harsh and cold sea.

Before he feel asleep he began to think of his mother as he did almost every night since he left. He missed her, even though Amell and Malin had some choice words about her. Gabriel though of her differently. Then again she was his mother.