XVII

They were sitting at the table for dinner. Emily and Amell were singing a sea shanty while Abigail was yelling at them to stop. Gabriel was laughing at all the chaos that was unfolding.

"Whiskey-o, Johny-o
Rise her up from down below
Whiskey, whiskey, whiskey-o
Up aloft this yard must go
John rise her up from down below
Now whiskey is the life of man
Always was since the world began
Now whiskey gave me a broken nose
And whiskey made me pawn me clothes
Now whiskey is the life of man
Whiskey from that old tin can
I thought I heard the first mate say
I treats me crew in a decent way
A glass of whiskey all around
And a bottle full for the shanty man." They sang.

They sung all the while Abigail began to cover her ears and scream for them to stop. Then when she thought they did stop she uncovered her ears.

"Up she blew!" They yelled finishing the song.

"Gabe remind me to teach you that one." Amell said with a smile that went ear to ear.

"Let's get one thing straight now. There will be no drinking whiskey in this house. Especially you Emily." Abigail said with a stern voice.

Abigail began to clean up the table. Gabriel was beginning to like living with Amell more and more. In the palace non of his family would even consider eating at the table together if not for dinner parties and hosting other guest of nobility. On a normal day his mother might eat at the grand table, and Gabriel himself would take his dinner in the study, or the garden. His father would still be off with Amell, and who knows what Ethan did.

Gabriel liked being apart of a real family. Not to say that he didn't love his own. It was just that living in the palace was often lonely for him. Ethan was the only person he had to play with as a child but then Ethan made his own friends, something Gabriel was no good at. His mother was busy looking busy, she would push around servants and redecorate the castle almost everyday. Malin was really the only one of his family that paid any attention to him. But here, on land, with Amell and his family, he was given the love he so longed to have.

"Come on Emily you should be off to bed. I have some things to discuss with your cousin and uncle." Abigail said.

With no argument Emily headed to bed. After Abigail was sure she was out of ear shot she poured all of them a tin of Bourbon.

"So Gabriel how is your family what are they like? Do you have any siblings?" Abigail asked.

Gabriel looked at Amell first. He was looking for permission to tell her. Amell nodded at him.

"Well I have an older brother, different fathers. I didn't know until he died, so I came here. As far as my mother she really loved him, but he cheated on her and so that's how she met Amell-" Gabriel lied.

"We only met once I swear to god." Amell interrupted before taking a sip.

"Abigail I have to ask, what happened to your husband?" Gabriel inquired.

"He died from the fever. As all kinds of people did. It was a struggle for everyone towards the end." Abigail said finally after taking a long sip from the tin.

"I'm sorry for bringing you any pain." Gabriel said.

"It's fine." She said while she poured more in her tin.

"Abigail since when have you started to drink so heavily?" Amell asked.

"Since I moved in with you!" She exclaimed.

It was something that Gabriel hadn't seen since he got there Abigail smiling. It was amazing that her mouth even curved that way. Her laugher was infectious just as Amell's.

"Amell did you know about him?" She asked as she pointed to Gabriel.

"Kinda, I guess." Amell said. He was telling the truth he knew she wouldn't remember in the morning.

Gabriel was looked down at his drink. They didn't seem to notice he wasn't drinking. He even poured some out into Amell or Abigail's cup when they weren't looking.

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you two argue so much?" Gabriel asked.

Amell and Abigail looked at each other for a split second.

"Because we're siblings!" They yelled at the same time.

"Don't you argue with your brother?" Amell asked.

"We hardly even see each other let alone talk." Gabriel admitted.

The two of them continued to drink until either of them could hardly see. Gabriel led them into the sitting room. Amell started to sing another song and Abigail hummed to it but she got the melody wrong. Abigail sat on the sofa and immediately fell asleep. Gabriel sat down in the chair next to the sofa, he himself was tired and ready to sleep too, but Amell was full of energy.

Amell moved to Gabriel and kissed him. Gabriel could taste the Bourbon on his breath. Gabriel shouldn't have liked it so much. Including the fact that Abigail was just feet away from them. If she woke up who knows how she would react.

"Amell she's right there. What if she wakes up!?" Gabriel whispered loudly.

"We could go up to the bedroom." Amell whispered slowly into Gabriel's ear.

This made Gabriel turn all shades of red. He knew what Amell wanted. Gabriel didn't think it was a good idea to do this while Amell was drunk. But Gabriel didn't have much choice in the matter. Amell had already pulled him out of the chair and began leading him up the stairs. Amell looked into Emily's room and found her fast asleep. Then Amell pushes Gabriel into the bedroom and on the bed. Gabriel still had doubts, but with every touch his ecstasy grew.

"I've never done this before." Gabriel said to Amell.

"Don't worry, I'll show you."