Chapter Five

"Hurry up you two!" Mother screamed up the stairs.

"Can you believe this, Ansley?" Asher asked and he tossed the last of his things into his second suitcase. "We only got one month of summer vacation because of this stupid boarding school."

"Asher, will you please just shut up. We aren't going to the school's just yet." Ansley yelled through the open bathroom doors. It had been just a month of summer vacation. Mom and Dad said that the rooms were first come first serve, so they were sending the twins down today, hoping they'de choose wisely.

"Yes, we are." He protested.

"No, we aren't. Classes don't start for another month and a half, we are just settling in, getting jobs, and meeting roommates." she said, zipping her last suitcase.

   The twins both had one extremely large suitcase, one smaller suitcase, a backpack, and a duffle bag. The large bag for all  of their clothing, which was a lot. The small for sheets, pillows, blankets and a few other decorative things. The duffle bag for bathroom necessities, shoes, and maybe a few stuffed animals or make up supplies; you never really know. The backpack was for whatever they decided they needed for the flight.

"Does it really matter?" Asher asked, leaning on Ansley's bathroom door.

"Yes, it does." She responded.

"Why are you taking this old thing?" asked Asher, snatching a ratty old stuffed snow leopard from her backpack.

"Give me that! Asher, it's not yours. Asher!" she squealed,  chasing him around the room.

"Only if you tell me why you're taking it." he said, holding it high out of her reach.

"Tater Tot is full of memories that I couldn't possibly leave behind." she answered, crossing her arms.

"I still can't believe you named it Tater Tot." Asher said, handing her the animal.

"I didn't exactly name it, I was just a baby and threw a tater tot at it. The name just stuck." she said, nuzzling her head into the still soft fur.

"I still don't see why you're taking it." He said.

"Why don't we go see what's in  your backpack." she said, dropping the animal and running into her brother's room. It took Asher a few moments to understand what she said before he yelled 'no' and ran after. When he entered the room and found her rumaging through his duffle bag, just as he reached her to pull her away she pulled out an old stuffed owl.

"Why are you taking this old thing?" she mimicked.

"Cream Puff is a very manly owl." he said, snatching it from her and hugging it to his chest.

"Keep telling yourself that." she laughed before walking out.

So incase you were wondering, yes, I do have a stuffed snow leopard named Tater Tot. I just got him from an arcade. My friend does have Cream puff the owl. Please don't ask why we gave them those names.

Was this a cute little chappy?

I'm leaving the beach tomorrow (Saturday) so I'm not really sure when the next time I will update is. Sorry.

I love you more than tater tots.

-Blair