Chapter Nine

Before I begin and this is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT could everyone reading this please go to SugarCubes4 page and message her. Her close family member passed away. I am so sorry, Rosie Posie. I love you and I'm always here for you.

Dedicated to Rose (a.k.a. SugarCubes4) because of her unwavering respect and love for all human beings and her devotion to her family and God even during tough times.

The picture on the side is for you Rose because we all love you so much.

-Blair

Ansley chewed on her lip as she waited for Mr. Taylors. She chewed her lip and tapped her fingers against her leg. As she waited she took notice of all of the senior class pictures that hung, framed on the wall. She looked at everything, the white wooden riffels on the wall and the clock reading 13:00. There was a picture of a man, holding a small baby with a red haired woman lying in a bed next to him.

Ansley stood up and walked to the picture sitting on the mans desk. She picked it up and studied it closely. The wide grin on the man's face and the proud glint in the woman's eye. The baby held tight to his finger and slept silently all huddled in its pink blanket. Another photo caught her eye. A little girl with bright red curls and a blue bow in her messy hair was being held by a another girl around 16 with the same red hair that sat straight as a board on her shoulders. A boy stood behind her, probably Ansley's age with curly brown hair in a mess on his forehead.

"Excuse me."

Ansley almost dropped the frames in her hands.

"I... I'm so sorry. I just - I saw them and I wanted to get a closer look." She said to the man behind her. She set the objects down and turned to sit in the velvet blue chair behind her. The man circled around her and she glanced up at him through her eyelashes. He had thinning hair but it was clearly curly and brown. He had cold blue eyes that split through her own as he studied her.

"It's alright to be a little curious." The man said. He had a scratchy voice but there was a clear kindness hidden behind his words. His blue eyes were a bit bloodshot and cloudy.

"Are you sure?" She whispered.

"Of course. Now why are you here in the first place?"

"I don't know. I just got on a plane, followed the man with the sign and showed up here. If you could answer that for me that would be great."

"Here is what I believe happened.......

A little cliff hanger. I will try to update sooner since it is so close to Christmas. Please read my note at the beginning it is extremely important.

Happy Holidays!

I love you more than Christmas.

- Blair