Chapter Six

The twins rooms were so empty, so baren. Ansley's pink walls had no picture frames, her bookshelf gathered dust, and her pink comforter lay untouched atop the sheets. The white jewelry box was empty, leaving a spiders play ground. Her mirror sat on top of her nightstand, unused for what seemed centuries.

      The closets were empty, their beds missing pillows. It almost seemed as if no one had inhabbited the rooms. The only evidence being the colorful sheets and the permanent dop in the mattresses.

       Asher's carpet was not yet vacuumed, the crumbs collecting ants. His xbox still had the last game he played sitting in the machine, the contollers hung on the wall. His movies were forgotten on the shelf by his bed. The memories stayed, growing older by the minute.

       They had only been gone for less than twenty-four hours and the silence had already settled in. Annabelle was getting used to being the only child already. It seemed after the twins left that her parents realized how fast they grew up. They spent every waking moment twmxing to the one theu had left. Making cookies, playing games, cleaning up her messes. Annie liked the attention but she hated the circumstances they were under. Annabelle missed her siblings almost as much as they missed her.

       Pam and Frank were suffering teenager withdrawals. They started wanting to play loud music, eat junk food on the couch, and spend all day on their phones but they restrained themselves. The two still set out two extra plates but made less food, they still bought their favorite drinks though there was no one to drink them. They forgot to feed the fish thay day, as it was usually one of the twins jobs. No one walked the dog, no one would pet the cat. It was almost like a time of greeving. The twins were gone, their rooms unoccupied. Their presence felt needes in the now too big house.

      The family sat at home cherishing their time together, missing the twins with all their hearts. But miles away, high in the skyon two seprate airplanes; the twins enjoyed the silence, the loneliness, the baren wateland that was pure excitement. They had spent so much time together, sharing everything. It felt good to be going to two separate places that would be theirs and theirs alone, not both. But little did they know, they were going in the wrong directions.

         Terribly sorry for such a wait my dears. I have had a terribly busy summer. I've been to the beach twice, six flags one weekend and I just got back from camp last Friday. I had band camp all thsis week and till school starts.

        I do hope you enjoyed this little chapter, I had fun finally putting it down onto paper. The idea has been pounding in my head all week. It created itself.

The stories write themselves, I just hold the pen.

I love you more than bacon.

-Blair