Chapter 6

The rest of the night consisted of endless movies that Lauren had picked for us to watch. We still hadn't spoken about our kisses but I didn't really feel that we had to. I just let Lauren enjoy her time here without bugging her about something that didn't need to be addressed, or at least not yet. So as the younger girl kept her eyes trained on a movie that was playing while she continued to eat her ice cream, I laid next to her on my side while I stared at her side profile. It was such a beautiful sight that I didn't think I would be able to ever forget. I didn't think someone could ever be so gorgeous while also being one of the best people to be around. She was so excited to be here and to be around me and it was still something I had to get used to.

I looked at the clock above the TV to see that it was around eleven, and I knew that Clara didn't want Lauren up late into the next day. "Lauren we have to go to sleep soon." I mumbled softly so I didn't disturb her watching. The younger girl didn't seem fazed by my words, she just kept eating her ice cream and watching the movie as if nothing else was going on. I wanted to smile at the sight but I knew that I would get my ass beaten if I didn't get her to bed at a reasonable time. I knew Lauren was going to throw a fit as well but I didn't really have a choice. "Laur I'm going to turn off the TV now. I'll put away the ice cream too." Finally I seemed to catch Lauren's attention as she turned to look at me with the spoon still in her mouth.

"No." She stated simply. I rose my eyebrow in surprise but like I said I should have seen it coming. No matter what happened, she would be upset with me so I figured I would just have to get it over with. "I'm watching- I'm watching this- this movie." Lauren pointed at the screen to solidify her point. I sighed to myself and rubbed the back of my neck as I thought about how to rectify this situation. Eventually I came up with an idea that I hoped would have worked. I placed my hand on Lauren's knee to gain her attention again as she turned to watch her movie. When her emerald eyes met mine, I tried to offer a light smile.

"If we go to bed now, I can take you to the store tomorrow and I'll buy you anything you like." I bribed. I knew it wasn't the best thing to do but it was all I could do at this point. Lauren cheered and quickly put her ice cream away, running into the kitchen to place it in the freezer. I laughed at the shorter girl and turned off the TV. I made my way to the kitchen to wash the dishes. "Alright Lo, go brush your teeth and go to the bathroom if you need to before we go to bed. The earlier we go to bed, the earlier we can go to the store." I said as I finished cleaning up the rest of the kitchen. I put leftovers in the fridge and made sure everything was put away neatly to my liking before I turned off the lights and made my way back into the living room and into the fort again.

When Lauren had finished her business in the bathroom, she came bounding back out into the fort where she immediately cuddled up to my side, causing me to laugh slightly. I laid on my back as Lauren wrapped my arm around her shoulders so she had an easier time accessing my shoulder where her head laid. It wasn't long before I heard the small snores leaving her lips once she fell asleep. I allowed myself to look down at the sleeping girl on my chest so that I could just admire her. I wanted to be able to look at her without anyone else disturbing me or even so that she wouldn't find me weird if she caught me. Lauren weaseled her way into my life and made a permanent impact I knew I would never forget. My feelings for her were already growing at a rapid pace and I didn't know if she would be taken away from me. I wanted her with me all the time, I wanted to show her a love like nothing else. I wanted her to be mine, even despite her disabilities and setbacks. They only made her more perfect in my world.

I hoped one day we would be able to be together, but I didn't know how to go about the situation. She would have been mine already if I knew. The only thing I dreaded was how it would look in the eyes of others, especially close friends and even her family. I didn't want it to seem like I was taking advantage of her or anything like that because that wasn't my intention at all. I just wanted to love Lauren. But the more that thought became prevalent in my mind, I realized that I really didn't care what anyone else thought. If this was something Lauren wanted and she wanted it on her own, I don't think I would care what anyone believed about us. It could've been just the two of us for all I cared and I would still be the happiest son of a bitch in the world. Everything going on in my head hid the fact that I was growing tired, and I fell asleep with the green eyed beauty on my mind just as she always had been since I first met her.