Chapter 7

"I really want to know what's got you in such a good mood lately." Normani commented as I came upon the reception desk. Camila nodded her head erratically as she provided all of her attention. I rolled my eyes while filling out a patient's record folder before clicking my pen and putting it back in my jacket pocket. I handed the folder to Camila without saying anything, offering a fake smile. "Come on, you really won't tell your best friends?" Normani questioned as I started walking away. I turned around to walk backwards towards my office as I faced the two girls.

"None of your business." Once again I offered a fake smile before turning back around, hearing the two girls laugh. They knew I was messing around with them but in all honesty, I don't think I would ever tell them what's got me like this. Lauren had been the only thing on my mind since I met her and it clearly affected my mood for the better. Clara and I had set up a plan where I could go visit every other day if I wanted to after work, but I was welcome anytime. So far I was able to keep up with going every other day, creating some sort of routine for Lauren because I knew she wanted something to follow every day. I was learning how much routines affected Lauren now much more than in the beginning.

The emerald eyed girl always needed a set plan for whatever she was doing for each and every day. I wanted to help give her what she needed to make it easier on her. My feelings for Lauren only continued to grow despite everything in our way. I could even tell that the younger girl was more comfortable with me and that made me ecstatic to know. That's all I wanted, was for her to be comfortable around me and not have to worry about anything else while she was with me. The secret kissing has also continued, because I couldn't deny something Lauren wanted that badly. I wanted it to of course, but I was still very wary about someone possibly catching us. In the end I knew I couldn't say no to Lauren, I just wanted her happy. When she was happy, so was I. I was practically over the moon at this point.

Today was one of the days I got to visit the Jauregui's, and Clara had explained that she had something important to ask me tonight. Of course I was always willing to help out any way I could, and it was my day to see Lauren so I was literally counting down the seconds before I was able to leave the the office and head over to the Jauregui's. It was already towards the end of the day, and so far I didn't have any more appointments. I would just have to do paperwork either until there was a walk-in or my shift ended. A little while more had passed until Normani had come into my office, taking a seat on my desk. "Did you hear there's a new applicant that wants to work here?" She asked as she started looking at her nails.

I hummed, showing her I was listening. I continued to shuffle through paperwork and finish patient charts so I wouldn't have anything to do tomorrow. "I'm pretty sure she wants to be your nurse, which is weird. She already came in wanting a certain position like that." Normani shrugged her shoulders and I finally looked up at the darker skinned girl. That certainly stopped my actions, I hadn't heard of anyone looking specifically to be my nurse. They were just assigned where it was needed. I rested my head on hand to give Normani my undivided attention this time.

"Do you know anything about her?" I asked. Normani shrugged her shoulders again before placing her hands on each side of her, holding onto the edge as she rocked herself back and forth. "Oh come on, you have to know something. You're the one person I know that can do better detective work than actual detectives." I rose my eyebrow which made Normani laugh loudly.

"I'll only tell you what I know if you make me a deal." The shorter girl finally calmed down to speak. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as to what she wanted from me, giving her the signal to keep going. "I'll tell you, if you tell me what's got you in such a good mood lately." I rolled my eyes. I should've known that's what she wanted. I sighed and leaned back in my chair, propping my hands behind my head. Did I really want to know about this new nurse that badly? I shook my head which caused Normani to raise her eyebrow in my direction.