PROLOGUE

He was here. He was standing in front of me, holding a gun to mama's head. He was going to kill her. His eyes said it all. Please let her go, take me instead. Please. It was too much of a scene to bear for 5 year-old child.

BANG! He shot her. I watched as she fell down. No, momma, no. Tears streamed down my face. She was 9 months pregnant with my baby sister. Ten more days until her birth but he did not seem to mind. I was trembling and shaking violently. He did not see me. He couldn't see me. Suddenly, the door opened, the cops came flooding in, captured him. Who called the cops?

People in white and black came. They were taking mama away. I watched as she was taken away. Away from me, leaving me all alone in this cruel world. I stood there, immobile. All I could think of was my mama and the scene that happened earlier. Tears started to pour down. This time it was not only tears, there were rain. Was God also sad for me? Did he pity me?

"Darling, you were the witness of the scene. We need to take you to the police station. Please come with me. You are safe, you will be safe. I swear," a policeman said to me. I stared at him, straight to his eyes. I was scared of everything. I knew nothing but to nod my head and comply.

'We need to search if the girl have any family members that would take care of her, if not, we have to put her up for adoption.' I heard from far away.

I was put inside a small room and the policeman and a woman in black came in. "What's your name, darling?"

"Anitta" I muttered.

"Anitta, do you have any family members that you know?" I shook my head.

"I am sorry to say, darling, we have to put you up for adoption along with your baby sister." Baby sister? She's alive? I stared at him wide-eyed. I had a sister.

Rosie Mae Raynott was born.