CHAPTER 5

Anitta Raynott

It was the first day of work. Rosie was let home 2 days ago and finally I could work on paying off the medical bills. I had tried to pay off more than a fourth of the bill with a few years of hard work but it was still not enough. I had to pay off more than I thought I could though.

Standing in front of the huge building, I was worried. Ten thousand questions were running inside my head worrying me to death. I really needed to work hard. After all, I needed this job more than it needed me. I would make sure that they would want to keep hiring me. You got this Anitta! You have to do it for Rosie.

Walking inside, I could feel everyone's eyes on me. It felt strange, I had never worked in an office before and it hit me now of how unfit I was. My clothes screamed cheap, and I hardly put any makeup on. I just merely did not care. I was a person of my own and endurance would allow me to pay off the medical bills and rents. As I hurried up to the front desk to ask where my workplace was, a woman around 40 walked up to me with a big smile on her face saying that she would lead me to where I would be working. How did she know that I was new to come and guide me?

The place was incredible, I really appreciated the art works on the wall. All the memories went back to my mother when I saw an artwork that she did being hung up on the wall. 'No it could not be. How could my mother's artwork be hung up right here in the top companies?' It just did not make sense to me, but the more I worked here, I guessed the more I could discover the secrets laying underneath though it may not seem simple.

Suddenly, a voice cut through my train of thoughts, "Ms. Raynott, please allow me to introduce you, our president, CEO and chairman of the company, Mr. Dimitrou. You will be his assistant for the rest of whenever he wishes you too."

I looked up and I was shocked when I saw him. It was... Jared! The man who offered to help me in the hospital with my sister. The man who I ran into and the one who offered me this job. It was him all this time?

"Welcome, Ms. Raynott to the company. Surely, I think that you will be hanging around for long." Jared smirked. Damn, that smirked definitely did catch me off guard.

"I am glad to hear that Mr. Dimitrou."

"Jenna, you can leave her here with me and you can return back to your work. Thank you."

"Have a nice day, Mr. Dimitrou."

As Jennah left, Jared stared down at me and with every flickering of his eyes, I could feel my cheeks burning up a little bit.

"So, Ms. Raynott, we should start. Shall we?"

"Yes, sir."

"Great, so here are the main rules of your position. You have to attend social events with me and that includes parties, weddings or any events that I require. You also need to meet my needs as well as my commands every time I ask you too and there are no objections. You also need to work in the company under my view. Do you understand?"

After a slight nod, Jared started to walked over to me, towering me with his big form. "Now I will show you to your room."

Jared pushed a button and the door slides to the left, showing the beautiful cozy room with the views to Seattle. The beautiful and wonderful Seattle. I had never seen anything this pretty. I was simply just jealous of people who were able to see the world this pretty but of course, everything came with a price.

"Beautiful isn't it. Well it is yours now so cherish it. Anyway, there will be work and instructions on the desk for you to follow. Since it is your first day, take it easy. I will be in the other room. If you need me, just push this button and I will come shortly."

"Yes, sir."

This was going to be a hell of a day.