CHAPTER 2

Anitta Raynott

I jumped up as I heard the thunder struck again. Something in my gut told me that today was not a good day. Something felt off. Whenever the weather turned bad, Rosie would feel sick or get worse than she was. I could not help but worry for my sister. She was put on top of the transplant list for 5 years and yet no one was a match for her. Along with that I was still in need of money for her major surgery. Getting a new heart was hard, but both of us surviving with my hourly rate was not any better.

"Rosie, I need to leave at three this afternoon for my interview. Just make sure that you stay safe. I know that you are not feeling well but I promise I will return as soon as possible after the interview." I tucked her in under the blankets. The weather was indeed turning colder.

"Yes, Annie. Do not fret I will be fine." She croaked. She looked worse than she did before. She was catching a cold again. I did not want to leave her alone in this state yet I was left with no option.

I straightened my outfit for the interview. The one and only business attire I thrifted from the thrift store. It looked like rag but I got no hopes left. I needed luck to come to my side today. I put on lip gloss and left the hospital room.

It was two-thirty by the time I arrived at the location. Girls were lining up for the interview. I scanned them. They were way more professional and prettier than I had expected. After all, this was a large company. It was then three. Girls were being called in and out. I was getting nervous. I was sweating bullets under my attire. I could feel that blood was leaving my skin. I need to succeed. I could no longer take no for an answer.

Finally, I could hear a woman shouting my name. "Miss Anitta Raynott." As I stood up, I straightened my attire and walked towards her. "This way please." She opened the door revealing a large conference room. There were two men sitting and staring at me. I felt intimidated by them. I could feel their eyes scrutinizing me to the smallest details. They were looking at me sternly as I slowly sit down and faced them.

"Hello, Ms. Raynott, you are here for the temporary assistant position, I assume?"

"Yes, sir." I croaked. God, I sounded awful.

"I see. What qualities do you think you can do well as a temporary assistant?"

"I am a hard-working and very patient person so I think that I can become a good temporary assistant, sir."

"Very well, I see that our interview here is done. Please return and we will announce tonight if you would get this position."

"Thank you, sir." I said sadly knowing that I did not stand a chance of getting the job. As I stepped out, all the women left waiting in line looked at me like I was some rag doll. I was partly true because they thought that I would not get the job anyway. I sighed and started walking towards the elevator. As soon as I stepped in it, I could feel the presence of the strong masculine smell behind me but I did not dare say a word nor did I turn my head. I just keep staring down until the elevator comes to a stop and I walk out. All the while in my head thinking of the ways I could find money for the surgery.

I felt helpless wishing that I could do more for my sister. I was just too tired, too exhausted from keeping up with everything. As I walked, I could feel my head pounding and just like that I fell into a pair of strong arms from the person behind.

All I could remember was the strong smell. The strong masculine and sweet smell.

Jared Dimitrou

Today was a horrible day. I got 5 meetings on my schedule and I was just tired from reading all the files of the company. To be honest, I did not think I would ever take over my parents' company. With what happened today and my accident with spilling coffee all over my clothes, I decided that I would get off work and let off some steam.

"Maria, how are the interviews going? Also, I need you to get me a list of the finalists in now." I said irritatedly through the intercom. I always hated the idea of having a fake girlfriend but I could not go against my mother's order.

"Yes, sir. I will get them to you right away after the interviews are finished."

"Never mind, leave it. Just put it on my desk tomorrow morning." I said as I exited the room and gave her the papers. "I am leaving now. You can leave after you are finished with your work."

"I will sir." As I make my way down to my the lobby, I could see her, the girl from yesterday walking into the elevator. She looked sad and tired. She was indeed small, to small for me. I did not know if she could feel me standing behind her or if she was oblivious to her surroundings. The elevator came to a stop and as it opened, I watched the girl hurried out the elevator looking like she wanted to get out of my company as quickly as possible. Just then, she fell down to the ground as I extended my arms to catch her from falling.

Anitta Raynott

I woke up in a very comfy bed. I groaned as my head is currently pounding and I felt like I had no energy left in my body. As I scanned around the room, I could see that I am currently in a hospital room.

'Who could possibly bring me up here? Where was I?

I could see my bag next to me and went up to grab my phone. Rosie. Rosie is sick today. I need to get out of here and get back to her. I was constantly worried about Rosie and now was not the time to leave her alone in the hospital. What hospital am I in? As I tried to grab my bag and leave, I could feel a strong masculine man heading my way and he prevented me from leaving the room.

"You should not be leaving. You need to stay in bed and rest! You look like you would fall ill any day." The man coldly claimed. I cringed. I did not like any other man showing authority in front of me. It took me back to the day where the man who I called father was shooting my mother. I need to get out of here.

As the man starts to walk over to me, I flinched not letting him get any nearer to me.

"I am sorry for bothering you. Please just let me go. I will pay the hospital bills." I pleaded. It was the only way to get the man listening to me.

"I will not let you leave. Just lay down on the bed and rest."

"W-w-who a-a-are y-you?" I needed to run. God, I could not even form proper sentences. Get out of here, Anitta. As soon as possible, Rosie needs you. Get away from this man.

"Don't even think of escaping. If you walk out of that door, I swear I will tie you to the bed. Turn around and look at me. Do you not know who I am?" With that, I turned and saw a beautiful handsome face. God. He looked like a greek god. Snap out of it, Anitta. You need to get to Rosie.

"I am s-s-sorry, s-sir but I really don't know who you are. I am thankful for your help. I am sorry but I need to get going." I ran straight for the door and exited the building as quickly as possible like I was scared that the man would catch up to me. I quickly hail a cab and go back to Rosie.

Little did I know that I made a big mistake. Nobody had dared to walk out on Jared Dimitrou.