CHAPTER 6

Jared Dimitrou

Knowing that she was on the other side of the room made me feel excited and safe at the same time. She was here with me. She was breathing in the same air as me. I would be able to protect her and look over her. I knew I was a creep but I couldn't help it. However, she did not know the underlying truth about me: I was the boss and leader of the Seattle Mafia gang and that I was one of the most dangerous killers they have talked about. Although I did not sell drugs or did sex-trafficking, I sold weapons and was deadly. She might not know this but she was trapped with me. She was my angel, my savior. With one look from her, I knew I was saved by her light. She was my light at the end of a dark tunnel.

She was not interested in my wealth, my power or family. The only thing I thought she cared about was her younger sister which I guessed was her only family member. Though all of you would think that I had a dark deep secret of being a mafia, I did not because it was passed down from my father to me. I was trained as a child of how to run a mafia gang and took over when I was only eighteen. Our family had been running the business for years and it was expected of me to take over when I was ready.

"Sir, your brother, Marcel, has arrived." My secretary told me through the intercom.

"Let him in." Marcel walked in and I hope he had some great news for me.

"Brother, look at you, all fresh and new. What? Don't be mad at me I have some great news for you. The person who leaked the information was Keagan Jackson, one of your workers. He was working with several of our competitors but luckily we have caught him quick enough to not let him leak any other important information." I knew it was him. I suspected him from the start.

"And the point of coming here was?"

"Well, I heard there was this pretty little lady you hired to become your girlfriend brother. So tell me, where is she now?" I knew he was asking about this. This annoying brother of mine would never leave me alone.

"Why should I tell you?" I said coldly. You would never be able to find.

"Because I know that you are hiding her in one of these walls? You cannot fool me brother. I know this office as well as you do." He smirked.

"If you are so sure, why don't you go and look for her?"

"I would not compete with you brother. I just want to see how special this girl is for you. Brother, have you already liked this girl. You know, you only do one night stands and fake girlfriends but I have never seen you quite serious with any other girls before." I did do one night stands before. I only did one night stands.

"She is like any other girls and she will be my fake girlfriend just for three months and then I will let her go until mom stops nagging me about having to find a wife or permanent girlfriend. I will be good."

"Whatever you say. Mom would probably murder you once she finds out. With dad's power, it does not take long to do so. I hope you have a happy death. Now, I have got to take this call. See you later, brother." I let out a sigh of relief when Marcel left. Maybe it was true. Maybe I was destined to have her by my I had to set matters right away and made sure that Anitta agreed and understood the rules of the contract I made.

"Anitta, please come to my room," I speak to the intercom.

The door opened and Anitta walked out. She was one of the most beautiful women on Earth, though it sucked to say that she was not mine to keep. Maybe if I made this contract a lifetime contract, I would. I shook my head. Now was not the time to fool around.

"Anitta, please have a seat. I want to discuss with you about one important matter," She instantly looked worried. "You must know that your position comes with helping and assisting me in many different ways which I must say includes going to events and family parties. I have a request for you. I want you to come to one of my parties that will be hosted in two weeks and you will act as my girlfriend. I have here a contract that would say that we will be a couple for three months and then you would have to leave me and my company. Are our terms clear?"

"I-I-I think I understood. I have a question." She was twirling her thumb. It was a habit of hers when she got worried about something. She was also doing that during Rosie's surgery.

"Go ahead."

"Why did you accept me into this company if I am your fake girlfriend?" She asked shyly. I did not want to tell her that was because of my mother.

"Because right now I need a set of hands to work and since you are capable of it, I will let you do the work until the contract is over. If you agree, please sign your name here. Also, to compensate, you will receive $500,000 for the three months that you are here. Is that understood?"

"Yes, sir."

Anitta Raynott

I couldn't believe what he just said. I thought I could finally have a job and settled down with Rosie not being sick. I guessed not. Though he did actually offer a generous sum of money, I didn't know if it would be enough for me to pay Rosie to go to school for the next few years until she goes to college. I really hope so. Right now, all I could do was to agree to the terms since I needed the money to pay off the debts. I would be able to work 2 to 3 part-time jobs during my time here since the time for the job did not take the whole week.

At first, I thought Jared Dimitrou was a good man. Now, I knew that I should have never meddle into his life or even bumped him on the streets. I guessed he knew who I was when he came and visited me at Rosie's surgery. He wasn't what I thought he would be. What if we actually ended up like my mother and my father? That gave me chills. No. He would just be my fake boyfriend for three months and we would go on our separate ways.

After picking the pen up and signing on the paper, I felt that I had given my three months away being like a sugar baby. I had no choice but to do it this way. This was best for me and Rosie.

"Congratulations, Ms. Reynott. Now you are officially my three months girlfriend. From now on, I will set up an account just for your monthly allowances. You have to come to work regularly and would get paid like a normal assistant. After three months, we will separate our own ways. Do you have any more questions?" Monthly allowances. The word seemed to far off for me. I was not going to spend any but just accept his kindness for now.

"No, sir."

"Good. Here is your copy of the contract and please make sure to keep it safe so that no one would be able to read it or even have their hands on it. Do you hear me?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good now you can head back to work."

As I stood up and walked back to my office, I felt that my legs are giving up on me. I always hoped for a normal, happy life with a small family and my sister. Now I am tangled in a mess with one of the richest and worst billionaires. I just hoped that everything in that three month would go well and that I would never have to see him again.

I did not have the priority for anybody else in my life. I chose not to be involved in intimate relationships and I would not love anyone except for my Rosie.