Chapter 11

This chapter is going to be all in Anitta's POV 

It has been a month since I moved here. Everything was great. I had a great fiance, a beautiful house, a steady job and my sister was being sent off to a great school. Everything felt right. The life I had always wanted for myself and my sister. But it wouldn't last long. Just nine more months. 

Mrs. Dimitrou and Mr. Dimitrou were always great to me. They took great care of me and they treated me like their own child. Never having a parent before, their care was the best thing I could have expected from my parents. Jared and I were attending a party today. I always refused to go with him to social events just because I didn't like being around the crowded place. It always scared me off. Another reason was that I never would think that I fit in those places. The events for the rich where I was the charity case that they would always want to donate money to. 

The party was amazing and let me tell you the food was even better. Jared would always be on my side and told me that everything would be alright if he was there with me. It always calmed me down, his voice. One weird thing: I never trusted anyone, not even him. He always tried to have me open up to him, asking me about my past. The horrible past. I never said a word about it because I knew that the only way to forget about it was to live on. My nightmares were coming more frequently to me and every night Jared would eventually calm me down and lull me back to sleep. 

He knew that something was up and he was not going to keep it as silence any longer. I had no choice but to lie in front of him. I couldn't risk telling him because the man might come back and haunt me again. He would always haunt me, even though he was dead. 

I snapped back to reality and excused myself to go to the ladies' room. I needed to take a break. 

"Come back to me," Jared whispered in my ears and it always had a funny effect on me. 

"I will be going for a little bit. To freshen up. It won't take long." He eventually let me go but not without a peck on the lips. 

I went inside one of the stalls and took a deep breath knowing that there was three more hours at the party. 

"Did you see the brat walking with Jared Dimitrou? I seriously do not know why did he pick her to become his fiance." 

"I heard he would be with her for one year and then they would break up. I think I have a chance then." 

"Did you look at her appearance? She is ugly and short. I can't believe why he would pick someone like her. She seemed like an embarrassment to him. " 

Tears rolled down my face as I heard their conversation. They were right. I was an embarrassment to everyone. I was the cause of everything. Everything lash before my eyes, my mom's death, my stepdad's blame on me and my sisters' pain. I had no power to do anything and I was the cause of everything. 

I felt like my heart was giving out on me. I couldn't stand the pain any longer but I had to do this for a year. I would eventually had to put up with this. The pain of causing everything. Everything was my fault and I couldn't change it. I wanted to end the pain but first I had to take care of Rosie. 

I decided to look decent since I couldn't ruin this party. This party was important to Jared and I couldn't just ruin it. 

When I stepped out of the ladies' room, I saw an old man looking tentatively at me. He loooked...he looked like me? The same eyes and the same lips. No it can't be. Momma said that he was dead. I turned around and walked away. Suddenly, the man came up and stopped me in my tracks. 

"Hi miss, can I ask what your name is? My name is Alexander Romanov." 

"Hi..hi sir. My name is Anitta Raynott."