CHAPTER 7

Anitta Raynott

For once I thought that my life could be completed by a man who would finally save my family and be able to help me with a good job and a sustainable amount of money. I guess not. Not all stories were a fairy tale. During these three months, I would have to keep finding jobs that could allow me to pay for our living. Even with the compensation, I had to make sure that everything was right and settled for the long. Even worse, I had to attend events with a guy who I had no clue about and I would even embarrass myself in front of everyone.

Why would he want me to be his fake girlfriend? He had thousands of other girls to choose from and yet he wanted me. Maybe he had dug up my past and saw what was left for me to pay. A guy like him looked powerful enough to do so. The thought gave me chills down my spine. My past was a horrible past. I was glad that Rosie knew nothing of her own past. That her dad killed her mother. Rosie did not know this and if anyone would know about my past, it would be between me and them only. I had decided to raise Rosie in a world where good things could happen and that she must know about it. Yet, it was still hard to give everything to her.

This made me feel bad about myself. I had lied to Rosie that our parents died in a car crash, not wanting her to know about her father killing her mother in front of her older sister. It was all the past but I know the little girl would be mad if I keep something out of her life.

Jared Dimitrou

After a heated discussion with Anitta, I decided to go to the headquarters to sort out some work. To be honest, I needed a distraction. I did not know how to act whenever I see her. I just wanted to hold her in my arms and protect her. Just where she should be.

Reaching the basement of the headquarters, I realized I had to let my frustration go so I decided to have a work out in the boxing area. Just then, Marcus came and gave me details on the people who are being held inside the dark rooms. They broke into one of our offices and they were going to pay. I heard gunshots, all being executed. Don't get me wrong, we do not kill innocent people, we kill the ones who were being ruthless to us and the ones who touched the wrong gang. I felt that something was off today. It didn't feel right at all.

"Boss, we need your confirmation to take over the land in Greenwald," one of my man called out.

"You got the confirmation, do it." He got the approval, nodded and went to do the job. Little did I know that my pretty little vixen was living in Greenwald.