Chapter 15

Anitta's POV 

I am sweating and freaking out over this party. I am scared. I haven't been alerted before and now I am accompanying Jared Dimitrou to this party. In fact, I am not scared, I want to run. I want to run home and be in my pajamas and have fun at home. I have never been to a party this big before and I am now freaking out. 

"Don't worry Anitta, I will protect you here." Jared said as if he sensed my uneasiness. All I replied was a nod. I couldn't forms words and I didn't know what to reply. Should I tell him I want to run to the trees? Should I tell him I want to go home? I know that I am not fit to be here and that I am only paid to be his fake girlfriend. I just need to get over this. 

"Anitta, here is my friend, Michael Constueslas. Michael, this is Anitta Raynott." Michael brought out his hand and I shook it, too stunned to say hello. 

"Well you are the women that my friend had been losing sleep over. Great job," Michael gave me a wink and I moved my eyes towards the lady standing next to him. She was absolutely stunning and was nothing like me. She looked at me with disgust silently telling me that I don't belong here. 

Jared, sensed my uneasiness once again stood up and told his friend to not tease me anymore. I needed air, I needed something to get me back to the game so I told Jared that I needed the powder room to refresh myself. 

Walking to the powder room, I could see all of the women's eyes trained on me like I was their prey. Once I was in the powder room, I could overheard a conversion from the women at the party. 

"Did you see that poor girl with Jared Dimitrou? Dear god, she looks horrible with the ugly dress and that body. How could she please him?" 

"I heard that he's leaving her soon after the contract is over. By then, I will be the perfect Mrs. Dimitrou for him. Who knew that his standards were that low." 

"I mean she worth nothing and she is poor. Jared would not support anyone who is like that let alone letting her going to this party." 

"You're right. Let's go and introduce ourselves." 

As they exited the powder room, I felt that I couldn't breathe. They were right, a poor girl like me with a signed contract wouldn't fit with someone that is high above like Jared. Suddenly, I felt that I need to leave here and go away. I couldn't stand up with this any longer. I wasn't born for this lifestyle and certainly wasn't born to fit with him. It was just not destiny. 

Before I decided to leave, I wanted to go and informed Jared first. Walking out of the powder room, I could hear a conversation going on in a private room and voice sounded like it belonged to Jared. As I decided to knock and come in, I could hear and see what they were saying: 

"Jared, please leave her. You know that I love you more and that I can provide you more." The red hair, slender and model-like women was wrapping around Jared like a vine. 

"I once loved you Laura, don't do this to me." His voice was firm and hard. 

"I knew that the day before you take her back to your house, you called which showed that you still wanted me. Don't lie to me Jared." Her voice was sweet like honey and very seductive. 

"Laura, I no longer love you. Don't trick me on this. You left me for another guy. Did the other guy not leave you with enough money to spare? Although I loved you in the past, I will not love you now." 

"Then do you love that poor girl you brought here?" I waited for his answer but it was too late. Laura kissed him with passion that even I was afraid to watch. Jared was silent. He didn't love me. I ran out of the party without looking back. I booked a taxi and went to the ocean. The ocean, the sound of the waves and the night sky was all I needed. Somewhere that I truly would feel that I belong. 

Walking along the sands, I could feel the emptiness within me. My mother's death coming back to me, making me envision that it just happened yesterday. My father and Rosie were my only family left yet I felt that somehow my responsibility with Rosie is finished. And Jared? I... I think that I love him. For the first time after my mother's death, I cried. I cried for my life, for myself and for my broken heart. Nothing in this life was good for me. All was pain, all was failure and all was not meant to be. 

I walked. I walked like there was no tomorrow. Until I fell on the sands, watching the night sky. How beautiful it is. How lovely it is. How lonely it is. I closed my eyes slowly and passed out.