5 • goodie two shoes

annie's pov
-
we stepped in the elevator of complete silence. the only noice was the creaking of rusty metal. "how long have you been here?" i ask hayden, keeping my eyes on the elevator door.

"almost four years." he said bluntly. "don't you miss your family?" i asked facing him this time. his face looked more pale from before. "if i had one, i'm sure i would." he said not making eye contact with me.

"i'm sorry." i mumbled looking at my bag. the door opened. "here, let me get that for you." hayden said reaching for my bag. i was going to pull it away from his grasp, but i didn't. i would usually never let anyone touch my stuff.

we walked through the hallway. it wasn't actually bad up here. it didn't give me weird hospital vibes. we reached a door and hayden unlocked it with a key.

"come on in." he said stepping out of the way. i walked in slowly, and cautiously. it was... kind of nice. the walls were painted a white. there were two beds and two closets. another door which i'm assuming is the bathroom.

hayden places my duffle bag on the left bed. "we can go shopping if you don't have enough clothes." hayden said. i turned around. "thanks." i murmured.

i sat on the edge of my bed. "training and classes start tomorrow. i'll guide you through everything." he said. "i'm gonna take a shower. don't leave."

he walked into the bathroom. i was left alone in this boring room with nothing todo. i puff out air. they took away my vape pen and my phone. which really sucks.

they really think they can change me. pathetic.

i unpack my stuff and put on the hangers. i take my caleb bear and put it on my bed. something that they didn't take away was my spray paint. which was a mistake.

i grab a blue can and paint a heart on my side of the wall. i hear the shower water turn off so i quickly hide my cans in my closet.

hayden comes out fully dressed with curly hair and no glasses. it makes him look cuter. "annie, what did you do?" he said dead serious looking at the blue heart.

"what? it looked boring so i added a bit of color." i smirked. "lucky for you, they don't check student aid's rooms. they trust us with their heart." he said.

"what? do you take an oath or something." i laughed. "kind of. we make three promises; never to lie, always be loyal and can't be in a relationship or affair." hayden said.

hayden sits down on his bed, facing me. "what do you like to do, besides graffiti?" hayden said eyeing the blue heart. "i don't know. that's pretty much all i do." i shrug my shoulders.

hayden smiles. "i used to be like that. i vandalized the city, stole some stuff..." "wait wait wait." i smile cutting him off. "you hayden goodie two shoes, vandalized the city? most ridiculous this i've heard." i laughed.

"really? you don't think i was bad? pass me a purple can." hayden smirked. i looked at him dead. "for real?" i asked. he nodded. i got up and opened my duffle bag. i got out my purple can and tossed it to hayden. he painted a purple heart on his side.

"not bad summerall." i say. he passed me back my can. "why'd you stop? don't you think it's fun, living on the edge?" i asked. hayden sighed and sat down. "well, someone got in a car crash with my family and then i stopped." he sighed.

i was about to say something before the intercom spoke: "annie leblanc to facility b please."

"that's us." hayden said. this should be interesting.
----
ouuuu baddie hayden.