Chapter 10

It had been an hour or so and I could feel my wrists and arms were beginning to ache. I had called out for penny a couple times but he didn't come back. It was beginning to grow dark outside and I felt myself slowly falling asleep. I was on the verge of dozing off when I felt a sudden shifting movement at the end of my bed. My eyes snapped open as I tilted my head up to meet his.

"You're back" I said trying not to sound exhausted. Without saying a word, he crawled over me, untying me from the bed frame. My wrists burned at the touch and I just wanted to shove them in cold water. His blue eyes dominated my brown ones as he sat in front of me. I took a deep breath before slowly adjusting my back against the bed frame. I felt myself touch the burning skin on my wrists, trying to alleviate the ache, my eyes never leaving his. Weary.

"Took you a while" I said trying to sound lighter than usual. His cold eyes looked deeply into mine and it's almost as if suddenly all my childhood memories felt like they were exposed into thin air.

"You do that a lot you know" I said finally letting my eyes fall onto my bruised wrists. Penny sat unnerved at the sudden realization of my tinted skin, as if he had seen worse, because I know he had.

"Fuck shit up and then somehow always fix it" I continued.

"It's toxic" I said whispering the last part as my eyes flew up to meet his. He gave me a sharp look, parting his lips before speaking up.

"Nothing about this is healthy, doll" he said as his eyes lead towards my stinging arms. The sound of bells rang in the quiet room as Penny moved an arm to caress the right side of my face. My eyes fluttered shut instinctively as the soft sensation of his clothed hand swept over my skin.

"And yet you will always stay" he said removing his hand from my face, causing me to snap my eyes open. His words stung less than they should have as the realization of them settled onto my chest.

"Of course" I said, my mouth getting drier by the syllable. I slowly say up, patting the wrinkled bedsheet from under me. I looked up at Penny, his facial expression blank as usual.

"I'll always be yours" I said offering him a weak smile before making my way into the hallway. It didn't take long to hear heavy footsteps right behind me. I felt my arm be pulled backwards, causing me to spin around, facing Penny.

"I don't need reassurance" he said trying not to sound too dominating but the heaviness in his voice claimed otherwise.

"I know" I said trying not to pull away from his grip, knowing better.

"It was for me" I said letting my arm fall slowly onto my side as his grip loosened. His face lowered to meet mine, his warm breath fanning my face, the familiar scent of cotton candy and metal.

"Naive" he whispered, yet his voice felt intimidating onto the deepest corners of my body. His gloved finger landed onto my chest, feeling the familiar burning sensation of the lights, I squirmed within my stance.

"It's been a while.."

"Since you had a choice" he said fixing his posture, towering over me once again. My eyes slowly climbed his height.

"Either way" I said taking a step back.

"I have made my choice" I said as I turned my back
to him, trying to make my way into the kitchen. I jumped slightly as penny's large hand slammed against the wall beside me, stopping me dead in my tracks. I closed my eyes, not ready to face him just yet. 

"Penny" I whispered as I felt him breathe heavily behind me.

"Prove it" he said as his opposite hand slowly snaked its way around my neck. He lifted my head up and unable to see him, I felt fear begin to trickle down my spine.

"Que harías por mi?"
("What would you do for me?") he said as his grip
tightened around my neck, reminding me that I had no choice in this after all.

I felt him lower his head behind me, his lips brushing lightly against my ear. I felt myself breathing heavily, signals to him.

"You know the answer to that" I said trying not to let my trembling voice take over. Those words seemed like magic in the moment because his grip on my neck was set loose, causing me to catch my balance against the beige wall. I looked down onto the mahogany floor, not wanting to let him see me frustrated and afraid.

"One day you'll have to prove that" he said turning me around, slowly yet forcefully. I felt my eyes brimming with tears, anger and confusion burning at my ribcage.

"Ohhh" he said in a cooing and mocking tone, his finger lifting my chin up, forcing my gaze onto his. I knew the meaning behind his words and the idea of having to abide by them one day seemed like a thought I wanted to push to the back of my head. I forced myself to look back into his ocean eyes, not letting the cool color distract me from his heated temper.

"You know.." he said as his eyes examined my face. His opposite hand wrapped around my waist, almost in a dominating manner.

"You're pretty when you cry" he whispered, as he held onto me a little too tight...