Chapter 11

"It's a compliment doll"

"Take it" Penny said letting the last syllable linger. I shivered at his words, confused on my emotions. I don't know if I wanted to cave into his arms as always or stick with my fight.

"When does this become enough for you?" He asked as he played with a strand of my hair, letting the thin texture linger between his gloved fingers. I stood quiet, wanting the silence to be the response he wanted, but being the way he was, the way we were, that would be far from a decent response. The silence in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife and even after being with Penny for such a long time, silence with him felt so draining and incompatible. I knew the answer to his question that probably didn't require a response because I knew we both knew what the answer was. It would never be enough.

"You really are something, doll" Penny said as he inhaled deeply, and for a split second I could've sworn I saw the sharp glare of admiration in his baby blue eyes but just as it came, it disappeared and it did so very quickly that seconds felt like a generous description. After those words left his cherry tinted lips, the silence in the room felt slightly more comfortable, almost as if it engulfed us both with welcoming arms.

"the day you put these lights in me" I whispered, my voice inching louder by the second

"you knew nothing in this world would be enough" I said letting Penny's blue eyes stare at me with a whirl of emotions. The room fell silent once again but I could have sworn the walls were cursing at us both. Wanting us to make love like we once had and reenergize the angry tension into a passionate one. In that moment penny didn't feel like my lover but more as my sworn enemy. The eater of worlds had finally found something he couldn't lock his jaws on, not anymore anyways. He clenched and unclenched his fists in an almost stretching manner, but nonetheless not intimidating. Or maybe it was this sudden rush of power I felt surge throughout my tiny body that now felt 50 feet tall in this 15 foot tall house that didn't allow me to feel fear as colorful as I once had with Penny.

I could see his nostrils flare slightly at the lack of scent, the scent of my fear. I imagined him, falling onto his knees when he realized his one true creation was no longer as afraid, that his strength had now become his weakness. I would do good, feed on the evil that had humiliated the innocent for thousands of decades and finally become the peace to this evil world. Before I could manage another thought, I felt myself be flung into the air. My back slammed against the wall and I could feel blood rush to my head.

Penny rushed towards me in a panicked manner and for a second I thought it was an intruder who had slammed me against the walls of this crooked home and not Penny. He slammed his left hand on the wall behind me and raised his right index finger at me in a menacing manner. His face was mere inches from mine and I could feel his sweet and warm breath fan my face lightly. His eyes that now seemed a dark shade of blue were boring into my brown ones.

"pathetic" he snapped causing me to flinch slightly.

"you will never be" he said in a threatening voice

"and if you ever again for a split second think that you will destroy me, the epitome of destruction"

"destruction will be a merciful act for you" he snapped before towering over me and disappearing into the darkness of the cold night, warmth bidding me farewell with him.

I shuddered against the wall that now seemed to caress me compared to Penny's harsh behavior. How could I forget how easy it was for him to get into my head, he had created the thing I was now and either evil or good, I knew I would be no match for him.

Not yet...