Chapter 12

Hey guys, sorry for the chapter delay, school has been hectic. Anyways! I just wanted to let you know that I published my poetry book in my second account and I would love love love if you checked it out and gave it some support! It would mean the world to me! Thank you so much for waiting for my updates I know I've been inconsistent for a really long time but I'm getting back in my zone so keep an eye out for more updates!

I will be commenting on this chapter with my second account if you guys are interested in my poetry book:) just click the profile and you'll be good:)

Or you can look for it by my profile name: always_nervous
(it's the only book there and it's called "where did my heart go so wrong")

If you checked it out, thank you sooooo much and I hope you enjoy this well overdue chapter!

-adriana

_________________________________

"There is no glory in punishing" -Michel Foucault

What is it that makes him so powerful?

The fear he ignites in the heart of his victims?

The ability he has to play with your mind, making you feel confusing emotions?

Or was it the fact that something that seemed so childlike and playful was the reason people could not sleep at night?

I pulled at the grass that laid underneath me, tearing it from its home that was the dirt ground, the same way the world had plucked me from my innocence, the place I once called home. My eyes were fixated on the gloomy carnival that sat quietly under the cliff. A place that once was filled with music and sweet scents now gave me a hollow feeling, especially remembering the time I shared with penny there.

"penny" I laughed at myself. How could I continue shortening his name into an adoring nickname when the emotions I felt for him now were anything but innocent love.

I closed my eyes as I sighed heavily. It seemed now that not only was I questioning Pennywise's motivations but also the feelings I had toward him. I felt goosebumps on my back rise at the idea of becoming pennywise's mortal enemy. How could I feel hatred towards the one thing that made me feel otherworldly sensations.

My nose was suddenly infiltrated by the scent of cotton candy and I knew I was no longer alone on this steep green cliff in the middle of November.

"You found me" I said with no emotion in my voice as I continued to stare out into the open.

"You know better than that" Pennywise responded as I felt him inch closer to my body. It didn't take long to feel the familiar cloth of his gloves stroke my hair.

"You know better than to hate me doll" he said. I felt his warmth trickle down my spine and it felt comforting against the cool November air. I assumed he read my thoughts I had had earlier and there was no point in trying to lie myself out of this one.

"I do know better" I said.
"That's why I hate you" I trailed off as I felt him hands stiffen for a second before regaining their calm composure once again.

"I am what you want, it's always been that way" he said calmly as he let my strands of hair slip through his fingers, the same way I had slipped through his.

"You're bold to assume it would always be that way" I said as I turned to face him. I couldn't help myself from admiring his beautiful complexion in the fall evening, but I knew better than to fall again for his curious features.

"You knew this would happen"

"Don't you know everything?" I said in a mocking tone. I began standing up and preparing to leave. It didn't take long for him to grab me by my waist swinging me up in the air. I gasped for air as he threw me off the edge of the cliff only to catch my hand at the last second to prevent me from falling to my death. I screamed when I felt the intense pain shoot my from my arm into the rest of my body. I wouldn't be surprised if my shoulder had dislocated.

"You see" he said looking out into the old carnival that at one point gave him as much pleasure just like me. His grip on my hand tightened and I could feel myself begin to cry from the pain.

"This is where you went wrong my dear" he said looking down at me with cold eyes.

"I have saved you, harmed you, but saved you"

"Did you really think the love I have for you would be enough to stop myself from completely destroying you?"

"Going against me" he said as he lifted me up slowly to meet his gaze. I bit my lip to prevent myself from crying out in pain.

"Will be the end of you"

"And you were bold enough to assume I wouldn't end you" he said before flinging me onto the grass. I felt the air in my lungs escape and couldn't seem to catch my breath quick enough.

When I was finally able to see clearly and not feel as if I was on the verge of death, I turned to face him once again only to realize he was completely gone. No trace of him left behind, almost as if he was never here in the first place.

And going after him now would make me feel like I was never here in the first place either...