Chapter 2

I snapped myself out of that frame of mind and occupied myself with twitter. I scrolled through the hundreds of tweets, some good, some bad, then eventually gave up. There were so many new tweets filling the page, I had no time to even read one. I threw my phone onto the nightstand gently and closed my eyes, the sun setting outside my window. I went back into the hallway hesitantly. I didn't even know what I was doing, I just didn't want to be all cooped up in my room. I walked out onto the balcony, watching the sunset.

"Beautiful.." I murmured, watching the sun fade behind the houses in the distance.

"Lou!" I heard a familiar voice shout. I looked down to my right, and on the balcony downstairs, Niall was standing there giving me a thumbs up. "Amazing, isn't it?" He smiled up to me.

"I know.. I wish Harry wasn't being such a knob, he'd probably like it too." I laughed.

"I'm a knob now am I?" I heard a voice from behind me. I rolled my eyes to Niall and Harry walked up to the edge of the balcony next to me.

"I'll leave you two to it." Niall smirked, closing his door behind him. Damn you, Niall leaving me here with it. Yes, I called him 'it'. I watched the sun go down lower until it was almost darkness and looked at Harry briefly who was staring, almost glaring at me. I quickly looked away before turning on my heels and walking away.

"Louis, wait.." Harry grabbed my wrist and my cheeks turned a light shade of pink for some reason. I shrugged my wrist from his hand and slowly walked back to him.

"What?" I asked sheepishly, afraid I'd done something wrong. Damn why am I so scared of him? I guess I didn't know what he was capable of. A tear fell down his cheek and his lip was shaking a little. "Harry, what's up?" I asked and he shook his head, scrunching his face with an angry expression.

"I don't hate you, okay?" He said, gritting his teeth.

"Nice to know." I said, I couldn't help let a tiny smile play on the corner of my mouth. "What's going on, Harry?" I questioned after a short pause.

"Nothing.." He shook his head. "I just miss my family." He shrugged off the subject and wiped the tears from his face. I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion and sighed a little.

"Well, I don't want to be enemies Harry." I smiled.

"We can't be friends." He replied quickly.

"Why's that?" I sighed a frustrated sigh.

"We just can't. Sorry." He shrugged and looked out on the fading sunlight. After a minute of silence, the sun had gone and so had my interest in the conversation. If he wanted to be like this then fine, he obviously wanted nothing to do with me. I walked back inside and turned the TV back on, watching whatever program was on. About 10 minutes later, his slouched figure walked past me and without saying a word he vanished back into his bedroom. So, he doesn't hate me but it's very clear he doesn't want to be my friend. It bothered me. I wanted to know why he was avoiding me and no-one else. He was so cheerful around everyone else but.. Why not me? I thought and thought on it until I drifted off to sleep on the sofa.

**

I woke up with a cream blanket placed over my hips and legs. My eyes started to adjust to the light in the room shining through from the glass balcony doors. I looked over to the kitchen door and saw Harry walk past it, holding a cup of coffee. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I could smell the coffee coming from the kitchen as I pushed my legs from the sofa and stood up. I made myself some Yorkshire tea and sat at the kitchen table. An awkward silence filled the room as he sat opposite me. I gulped down the drink, warming my body and quickly got up from the table. Harry's eyes watched my every move. Those green eyes. God damn it, stop staring at his eyes Louis. I pulled my eyes away from his and left the room quickly. I threw on some fresh clothes and wondered what I was going to do today. We couldn't go anywhere in public, people knew who we were and we would get mobbed. As I was thinking, I picked up my phone to check for messages and there was one from Ed. We'd met Ed Sheeran on the X Factor and he was a great guy.