Chapter 24

"You know what pisses me off?" I sighed the next morning, Harry's head resting on my chest.

"What now, Lou?" he smiled up at me, his green eyes glistening.

"The fact that management acted as if our relationship was the work of the devil, yet Zayn and Liam are fine." I shook my head, looking up at the ceiling.

"Well maybe it's because their not as uh.. public with their affection." he smirked.

"We weren't public." I denied, turning my nose further up into the air.

"Louis, we hugged and kissed in public places, practically had eye sex on stage and then actually ended up kissing on stage at a big concert. If that's not public, what is?" he laughed through his sentence before sitting up. "Admit it, I'm right. I'm always right. You know I a--" before he could finish I kicked him off the sofa harshly. He hit the floor with a thud and his curls flopped down onto the floor. "I'm still right."

With that I jumped up and leaned down over him, our faces inches apart. 

"You're wrong." I argued, even though I knew in my mind he was 100% correct. But if I admitted defeat, I'd never hear the end of this. He pursed his lips and I pecked them quickly, standing up straight again. I began to walk away when he clung to one of my legs. I looked down at him with a raised eyebrow and he smiled up at me. "Really? This again. It's very clear that you're the youngest in the band."

"And the sexiest." he added, pointing a finger at me, which I slapped away. I managed to kick him off this time and escaped into my room. Before I could even lock the door, the window was being slid up and Harry was climbing in. "Hello again." he chirped as his feet hit the floor.

"What. The actual. Fuck, Harry Styles." I shook my head as he smiled cockily. "This could be classed as trespassing, y'know."

"Technically we share this apartment so.. wrong again." he winked and I rolled my eyes. He gripped my side and pulled me into him roughly, kissing me firmly on the lips. I rolled my hands down his waist and down onto his hips, sharply pulling away when I remembered the cuts.

I licked my dry lips and narrowed my eyes at him. "What?" he asked innocently.

"Raise one hand." I demanded and he did so with a confused look. "Now repeat after me."

"Lou, what the fu--"

"Just do it." I cut him off and he sighed. "I, Harry Styles."

"I, Harry Styles."

"Swear on Louis Tomlinson's life."

"That I will stop cutting."

"That I ...." he paused and took in what I had said. "Will stop cutting."

"No matter what."

"No matter what." he smiled and connected his green eyes with mine, lowering his hand.

"There. Now you have to stop. For me." I shrugged, taking his hand in mine.

"What if I feel like doing it again?" he sighed. "I can't just swear on your life then go back on it." 

"The butterfly project maybe?" I suggested and he raised an eyebrow. "You must have heard of it. No? Well basically whenever you feel like cutting, you draw a butterfly. You're not allowed to wash it off, and if you cut, the butterfly dies." I explained and he nodded, still confused. "Here, I'll show you." I grabbed a pen from the desk and took his wrist, drawing a small butterfly on his skin. 

"This is so gay.." he sighed and I stopped, looking him in the eyes.

"Harry. You are gay." I nodded and looked back down the the butterfly, finishing it off. "Done. Now don't wash it off, and don't cut or it will die."

"Fine, I'll hide it with my bracelets..." he rolled his eyes, clearly thinking it wouldn't work.

"Are you gonna name it?" I nudged him playfully and he took the pen. He scribbled below the butterfly and threw the pen across the bed.

"Happy, boo?" he smiled and I looked over to see 'Louis the butterfly' written neatly underneath the drawing.

"Aww Harry." I tilted my head with a light smile. "I'm touched."

"You should be." he shrugged and pulled me in close again, just hugging me. "I love you, Lou."

"I love you too, Haz." I pushed my face into his shoulder and breathed in deeply, thankful that he was willing to try. He was going to get better now.

**authors note: sorry it's short, writer's block is a bitch. okay, I can't decide whether the next chapter should be the end or not. If I don't get any ideas, then the next chapter will be the end. but if I suddenly get inspiration, then there will be another chapter THEN the final chapter. confused.com? yeah me too. anyway, thank you so much, this is now over 20,000 reads as of today! love you guys.xxx**