Chapter 25

"Make some noise, one more time for One Direction!" We stood on the X Factor stage, looking out onto the crowds who used to be cheering "One Direction to win!".

If only they knew then what they know now. If only we had known how big we would become.

"I can't believe this is me." I said quietly, looking out at the girls who were holding up signs with our names on, even though this wasn't our concert. As the screams died down, the show carried on and we made our way off of the stage. It had been 2 weeks and Harry had not let the butterfly fade. He would draw it back on whenever he felt low, and had thrown out all of the razors. I smiled up at him. I was finally able to hold his hips without him flinching. He smiled back and kissed my head as we walked down the hall out to the van.

"Is Larry real?!" a directioner screamed hysterically as we passed.

"Larry is very real." I laughed, knowing I'd get a metaphorical punch from management later. I didn't even care anymore, the fans were starting to focus on 'Ziam' too now. We signed a few autographs before Paul physically forced us into the van.

As we made many rude gestures to Paul from the back seats, he pulled out of the space he was in and we began to drive, the camera flashes making us slightly blind. This was our life now. OUR life. Just us five. We were all best friends again. I had Harry, Zayn had Liam.... And Niall had food. We were all happy.

"Oh do shut up." Paul groaned for the 3rd night in a row, as we jumped around in our seats, shouting and singing.

"Never!" we protested and carried on screaming.

"Right, as of now, you are all on vocal rest. Got it?" Paul said seriously. There was a few moments of complete silence before we all erupted into laughter.

"Paul, you're hilarious!" Harry laughed as we continued singing. He sighed with surrender and continued driving until we got home. I honestly don't know why he put up with us. We all jumped out of the van and thanked Paul for driving us back.

"It's my job." he sighed. "Unfortunately." he joked, making us all laugh and playfully shove him. He jumped back into the van and rolled down the window to speak. "I'll be back at 6:30 tomorrow morning to take you to the studio. Be ready or... Just be ready." he looked at us seriously and we all nodded. Rule one, don't mess with Paul. As he drove away, Liam pulled Zayn into his side, causing the tan boy to smile uncontrollably and push into his chest, hiding from the cold air surrounding us. Niall was glued to his phone, tweeting Demi Lovato, his well known celebrity crush. I guess Niall is the only straight one, then. As they all walked away, I proceeded to follow them. I was roughly stopped by Harry's arm.

"No, no, Mr Tomlinson, you're coming with me." he smiled wickedly and took my hand, leading me to his range rover.

"Harry, we have to be up really early tomorrow, where are we going?" I tried my best to see through the darkness as he lead us to the car.

"It's a surprise." he laughed deeply. I went to argue again but he nudged me quickly. "Just go with it, Lou." 

"Fine." I sighed, getting in the car. We drove in silence for about 10 minutes, the radio barely audible and not causing much of an atmosphere. 

"Close your eyes." he stated, looking at me as if he was planning something. "Close them." he nodded and I sighed, doing as he said. "No peeking until I say so." I felt the car stop and shake as he got out. My door opened beside me and I could feel his hands helping me out before standing behind me and covering my eyes.

"Can I look now?" I asked, I knew we were walking on grass as I could feel the texture beneath my feet.

"Not yet." he whispered, sending shivers down my spine. I nodded and we carried on walking, I was starting to get suspicious.